PDA

View Full Version : Cant download hm

mike
08-31-2008, 01:33 PM
when i try to download HM windows media player opens and i get a message saying it cant play file due to type of file or codac used to compress file - any idea? - i run vista. many thanks

morny
08-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Is this before or after downloading it?

Is this the link your trying? http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/holdemmanager.zip

mike
08-31-2008, 02:39 PM
when i click on the link you gave im asked if i want to open or save file, i hit open and it starts to download as it should then when the percentage hits 100 and i expect the next stage - say the click to install etc, windows media player comes up and in the bottom left it says media changing... then this message. Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. I don't know why media player would get involved - even if it should i have a system 1 year old -windows vista, all other downloads are ok -poker sites/ poker tracker etc, im sure the problem must be at my end but any suggestions would be appreciated - i could not see anything similar in faq. thaks. ps if i choose save file i have the same problem wen trying to open.

morny
08-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Sounds like you dont have a program installed for unzipping, please download a free one if you dont. If you do have one then it sounds like you have set windows media as the default program to open .zip files so right click and choose open with... and choose the unzipping program