PDA

View Full Version : New Serial No.

bent_zen
12-27-2011, 05:50 AM
Hi

A few days ago I downloaded version 1.12.08. When I tried to open HM, I was sent to the trial version, then to the Licensing Issues/New Serial code page.
When I tried to re-register I couldn't do it.

I've looked on the forums to try and resolve but can't.

I've attached (I think) reg.log files from Holdem Manager file as per other posts I've seen.

My original problem before the download was that I recently started playing Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo tournaments, and when I tried to view results/data nothing came up. I know from reports that hands are being imported, when I viewed graph it showed No. of Tournaments on the bottom, but no data.

Thanks for your help

netsrak
12-27-2011, 07:00 AM
Please delete the license files as explained in the FAQ and try again: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/24/I+Can%27t+Activate+%26+Register+Holdem+Manager#hem

The key you are using PRO-.... is not valid for Omaha - if you bought a Omaha Upgrade you should have received another key which you have to use.

bent_zen
12-27-2011, 09:46 AM
I had already tried this from info in forum posts:
1. Delete C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\holdemmanager.exe.ldat (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
There wasn't a holdemmanager.exe.ldat file to delete so I figured that wasn't the problem.

When I tried step 2 on your link (thanks for the quick reply by the way):
2 (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HEMGUI.lic)
I got as far as All Users, there's no app data file there. (excuse my lack of computer knowledge, I don't know what these files are)

Re: Omaha upgrade, I've had it for a year and a half, cash games worked fine, problem is just with tournaments. On the 'Licensing issues' page the Your Serial Number: is PR2-....

Does that help?
Thanks

Patvs
12-27-2011, 06:11 PM
First of all, we need to enable the option to see Hidden Files: How to see hidden files in Windows (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html)
http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg
Problems Registering Holdem Manager:

Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

This is a hidden SYSTEM file. (not just a regular hidden file)

Also please try this:

1. Create a new text document in the Config folder and name it LicDebug
2. Open HM and register
3. Close HM and delete the LicDebug.txt file

This will delete the old PRO license completely (currently 'stuck' in your license file), and will enable to enter the PR2- license key.

bent_zen
12-27-2011, 08:11 PM
Success!! ....I think...

I found and deleted this: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

Then I did this:
1. Create a new text document in the Config folder and name it LicDebug
2. Open HM and register
3. Close HM and delete the LicDebug.txt file

I can now open HM, seems fine for cash game, importing hands, hud working.
But as HM opens, the small window comes up:
'Validating Unregistered Software' ???, then the usual 'Initializing Database...Professional Holdem + Omaha Version'

I only played a few test hands(cash) but still no 'Results' for former Omaha tournaments.

Thanks for the help

Patvs
12-28-2011, 05:58 AM
Set the games filter (currently probably set to "Holdem") to ALL GAMES
The game filter is next to the date filter (ALL HANDS / TODAY / THIS MONTH).

Also clear filters (even though it appears no filters are selected)

bent_zen
12-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Games filter isn't the problem. I've tried it in Omaha Hi, Omaha 08, and All Omaha. When I go to 'All Games' the only tournaments that show in Stats or Data View are NL Holdem.
I tried Filters>Clear, it didn't change anything. I've also set parameters of 'Filter by Tourney Details' wide open to include any.
What's strange is that when I set Games Filter for Omaha Hi or Omaha08 I can get Tournament>Reports and Tournament>Hands just fine. Just no Results or Data View.

netsrak
12-29-2011, 06:48 AM
Please create a new database for a test and import the Omaha hands into this database. Does it work here?