PDA

View Full Version : 127.0.0.1 problem

benthj
12-26-2011, 09:11 PM
I have for 9 months now had the 127.0.0.1 problem, meaning that I cannot use HEM on my secondary computer. I have tried all the advice you have given in other posts, without any solution to the problem.

What is the easiest solution to fixing this, as I assume a reinstall of PostgreSQL might be a solition. I don't need a backup of my hands, just the easiest fix to solve this.

Patvs
12-27-2011, 04:42 AM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely
If you were using SQL 8.4 (on prt 5432), install 8.2: http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v8.2.22/win32/postgresql-8.2.22-1.zip
to port 5433. Connect to that instead (and reimport your hands)

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set PostgreSQL/8.x/bin/postgres.exe and pg_ctl.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily. If you have XP, also add port (example: 5433) to the exceptions list.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

benthj
12-27-2011, 04:07 PM
I use postgreSQL 8.2 and the update didn't work.

I use XP, Windows defender, AVG antivirus.

I've tried to uninstall Defender, but the 127.0.01 problem still existe.

Patvs
12-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Install a different version of SQL to a different port.
Try 8.3 to port 543x, or 8.4.x with the installer from PostgreSQL: Welcome (http://www.postgresql.org)

Which error do you get exactly during the installation of a different SQL version?

benthj
12-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Installed 8.4 and seems to work. Tha K's.