PDA

View Full Version : Omaha Manager: problems with import of hands exported from PTO

DedMazay
08-30-2009, 08:27 AM
Hi,

I got problems trying to move iPoker hand histories from Poker Tracker Omaha to HM Omaha Professional. As menitioned in FAQ, I exported histories from PTO, then tried to import them to HM Omaha. But instead of 20k hands, HM Omaha imported just about 500. Moreover, when I try to repeat the import, HM Omaha tells me that "there are no new files to import' besides there are about 100 hand histories files in the folder.

The same method for Poker Stars and FTP histories worked fine - all 50k hands were successfully imported to HM Omaha.

The import from iPoker's .xml hand histories during last 2 weeks worked fine, but i don't have original hand histories for all hands stored in my PTO.

Hands are the mix of PLO, PLO8, full ring and 6-max. HM Omaha version is 1.09 beta 26. Poker Tracker Omaha version is 1.03.05a.

fozzy71
08-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Please update to the latest beta 29 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

If that doesn't work, you can try creating a new DB to import another small portion to, to be certain it is not a DB issue.

If none of that helps. please www.7zip.org the hands and email them to fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name.

DedMazay
08-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Thank you for quick reply, but it is almost impossible to organize hands exported from Poker Tracker Omaha in such a way that you mentioned in 3) above, because export procedure creates files named by the hand numbers, not by the date when the hands were played. So your method requires that I have to look into each of 100+ files to discover the date of play. Not very convenient procedure, to say the least. Moreover, one file may contain hands played in different days.

I just discovered that I have files from different iPoker skins, and they have date written in different formats, for example:

A) GAME #1408647690: Omaha Hi-Lo PL $0.10/$0.20 01-Feb-2009 20:51:23
B) GAME #1761978612: Omaha Hi-Lo PL $0.25/$0.50 2009-08-03 00:37:20

Could this be the root cause of the problem?

netsrak
08-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Are we talking about WilliamHill Poker?

Open the HoldemManager.config with a texteditor (notepad) and change

<setting name="WilliamHillAlternateDateFormat">False</setting>
to
<setting name="WilliamHillAlternateDateFormat">True</setting>

DedMazay
08-30-2009, 05:39 PM
No, not William Hill. Case A) is from BetFred Poker, case B) is from Dafa Poker.

I am going to troubleshoot problem tomorrow in the next way:

- take original hand history .xml file and import it into PTO;
- then export this session into .txt using PTO's "Export HH to file" feature;
- then import this .txt file into HM Omaha and check the results.