PDA

View Full Version : Can't edit sngs

saygn
08-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Hello,

I have recently installed the HEM trial and imported about 30,000 sng tournaments. I found that there were a few chunks of sngs that were imported incorrectly.

The first was about 1,500 $7.50 sngs that were imported without taking into account the $0.50 rake. I filtered the tournaments specifically for these sngs, mass selected all of them, and changed the rake with no problems.

Next, I was a bit surprised to see a 5k drop in my graph and realized that another 1,200 $7.50 sngs were imported under the assumption that I paid $7 to enter the sng, and then another $7 in rake. Again, I filtered for just these tournaments, selected them all, and set the rake to $0.50. Unfortunately, none of these tournaments changed. The stayed on the list showing $7 buy-in and $7 rake and nothing I do seems to change that.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

fozzy71
08-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Did you import all of these hands using the latest Beta 29 version? Do you have Tournament Summaries for all of these games?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.

You can try to reimport the hands, or you can try a new DB, if you were using an old version of HM on the previous import.

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

If you manually imported all of these, they probably weren't moved to the archive. HM only moves hands when using the Auto Import feature.

*Try creating a new DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives tot he new DB, then delete the old DB. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=21

If that doesn't help, I will ask our support manager if he wants to see some hand history files.

RedEye00
08-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Hello,

I have recently installed the HEM trial and imported about 30,000 sng tournaments. I found that there were a few chunks of sngs that were imported incorrectly.

The first was about 1,500 $7.50 sngs that were imported without taking into account the $0.50 rake. I filtered the tournaments specifically for these sngs, mass selected all of them, and changed the rake with no problems.

Next, I was a bit surprised to see a 5k drop in my graph and realized that another 1,200 $7.50 sngs were imported under the assumption that I paid $7 to enter the sng, and then another $7 in rake. Again, I filtered for just these tournaments, selected them all, and set the rake to $0.50. Unfortunately, none of these tournaments changed. The stayed on the list showing $7 buy-in and $7 rake and nothing I do seems to change that.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry to partly hijack thread but how did you "mass select". Did you do it under Tourney/Results/DataView. I can only seem to select/edit 1 game at a time.

fozzy71
08-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Filter for the games in the Dataview tab. Click the first tourney in the list, scroll to the last tourney in the list, hold down Shift, and click the last one. That should highlight and select the 2 you clicked and everything in between them.

RedEye00
08-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Filter for the games in the Dataview tab. Click the first tourney in the list, scroll to the last tourney in the list, hold down Shift, and click the last one. That should highlight and select the 2 you clicked and everything in between them.

OMG! Thank you very much for this! :)

/Hijack

saygn
08-29-2009, 01:30 PM
I am going to try and avoid creating a new database simply because I just finished importing about 720,000 hands and it took a while. I should be using the latest version unless a new one was released yesterday.

Strangely, the sngs that are being shown as $7 buy-in and $7 rake are all from july/august, but they were played simultaneously with sngs that were imported correctly.

I'm going to try reimporting all sngs for the last 2 months into the existing DB and cross my fingers that it works. Out of curiosity, even if the program was reading the hands incorrectly, why wouldn't I be able to edit them later on?

saygn
08-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Bump.

I wound up creating an entirely new database. The problem still exists. I can edit the rake on some of my tournaments that import incorrectly just fine (everything that gets imported as $0.00 rake), but every tournament that gets imported as $7 rake instead of $0.50 rake is un-editable.

What is the next step towards fixing this?

fozzy71
08-31-2009, 12:43 AM
Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread, to support@holdemmanager.net and fabio@holdemmanager.net

Rvg72
08-31-2009, 10:33 PM
This bug was fixed in a recent beta update (beta 21 I believe)

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

* (1.09 Beta 21 BUG) Using the bulk edit tourney rake option in the data view sets the selected tourney rakes to be equal to the tourney buyin instead of using the value you entered
* (1.09 Beta 21 BUG) Using the bulk edit tourney rebuy option in the data view sets the selected tourney rakes to be equal to the tourney buyin instead of using the value you entered

Regarding the ones that messed up in the first place, if you don't mind send me a few of these at support@holdemmanager.net and I'll see if I can fix that as well

Roy