PDA

View Full Version : Pocket pair under high card - what is that?(Resolved)

Olaf
12-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Desk: Q863

-------------

Pocket pair 77 (Notecaddy show : Pocket pair under high card) - actually this is the third pair

Pocket pair 22 (Notecaddy show : Pocket pair under high card) - actually this is the fifth pair

It turns out that if a player has a pocket pair, then Notecaddy not tell the difference, the third,fourth or fifth pair it in relation to the board. IMHO, it's wrong, as many people play, for example, third or fifth pair completely different.

At a minimum, Range Tab must identify a pocket pair, which are third in relation to the board, and 4d+ pair in a separate category

sreticentv
12-24-2011, 10:13 AM
The difference will be in the strength score which is reflected directly in the spark graph

Olaf
12-24-2011, 10:58 AM
sreticentv, my english is bad, but try to understand:

Now I have found that a pocket pair, which are second in relation to the board is ALSO "Pocket pair under high card"

Many of my definitions are based on the Range, so if there are Range > Bottom pair, Range > Middle pair
why I can't have an analogue for pocket pairs?

In manual for Notecady
Warning: it is not recommended that you use general strength since it requires a large number of CPU
cycles to determine a player’s general hand strength. For performance reasons, it is recommended
that you use the check boxes.

So, in my definition i don't use Range > General Strength, only check boxes, and this is wrong that the second and third pocket pairs in relation to the board falls down in the common heap "Pocket pair under high card". I do not mind the weaker(fourth, fifth, etc. pairs) to be in "Pocket pair under high card" or strength score determination, but not for second and third pocket pairs.

sreticentv
12-24-2011, 04:56 PM
You can use general strength now as it has been greatly optimized. That manual is pretty old

Olaf
12-24-2011, 05:48 PM
You can use general strength now as it has been greatly optimized. That manual is pretty old

Thank you sreticenv , now I will use it, but could you make the check boxes for the second and third pairs of pocket, as you did it for middle and bottom pair, OR do you think that this is fully sufficient "General strength"???

The fact that I was not involved in testing "General strength"and I think that it will take some time for me...

And how about new manual? :)