PDA

View Full Version : Existing HEM user; how to get Omaha trial?

AKQJ10
08-28-2009, 07:43 PM
I've been a user of HEM for a while. I see on your site that the Omaha functionality is now in production and that I can, "[t]ry Omaha Manager risk free for 15 days." However, since the two executables appear to be the same , the download page isn't terribly helpful because I don't wish to reinstall HEM.

How can I try the Omaha functionality as an existing HEM user?

AKQJ10
08-28-2009, 07:46 PM
To follow up, I certainly hope this isn't the last word (http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12543). That's very customer-unfriendly to your existing customers. Basically you're telling us that, as a penalty for our business, we have to take a back seat to users who've never purchased any of your products. That's not an acceptable way to treat customers in my opinion.

fozzy71
08-29-2009, 01:02 AM
You can;t use an Omaha trial if you own Holdem but we can give you a 7 day refund option if you purchase and then decide you don't want it.

it works the same way as Holdem does for the hud and manager so you should be pretty comfortable with it right away

Roy

That was the developer/owner posting, so I can't really add anything to that statement. You can feel free to contact him, if you would like, via email at sales@holdemmanager.net.

You do get a 7 day, full money back refund, for any reason, if you decide you don't like it. I can assure you, if you are happy with the Holdem side of HM, the Omaha side won't seem any different (other than the 2 extra hole cards). It is integrated seamlessly, and should work just as well for your PLO games as NLHE.

AKQJ10
08-31-2009, 02:08 AM
A 7-day refund that I'm obliged to remember to request is not even close to a substitute for a no-obligation 15-day trial.

Will your company turn on the Omaha functionality for free with an understanding that, assuming I wish to retain it, it's your responsibility to hit me up in 15 days for the payment?

If you think that suggestion is unreasonable, then you see why I think the suggestion that I pay for something ahead of time when other people who don't even own any of your products get a free trial is equally unreasonable.

Sadly, the message being communicated here is that your company takes existing users for granted and pushes us aside in pursuit of new suckers. Message received, loud and clear!

It is integrated seamlessly, and should work just as well for your PLO games as NLHE.

Is it PLO only or does it include fixed-limit Omaha? High only or high-low/8 or better?

fozzy71
08-31-2009, 10:11 AM
I am sorry, but there is no way to activate a temporary/trial license for Omaha to an existing installation of HoldEm Manager. You would need to install a 15 day trial to a new PC or reformat your own PC if you want to test it for 15 days like a new trial user.

If you would like a more technical explanation as to why it is not possible I have forwarded this thread to the developer/owner for a reply.

The Omaha version supports all variations of Omaha.

Rvg72
08-31-2009, 11:59 AM
Hi,

We can't offer an Omaha trial to existing members due to a limitation in the licensing system - it was not something done on purpose and in fact we tried to come up with some sort of way to get around this but were not able to.

It does however work the exact same way as Holdem so we feel that current users should have a good understanding of the power and flexibility of the Omaha module based on that. We also offer a money back offer - if you buy it and don't want it then you can email us for a refund.

It doesn't make much sense to provide it to you for free and then follow up later to see if you want to go ahead with the transaction then make sure it did in fact go through. Operationally it is time spent managing something that we could otherwise be spent working on the software and the fact of the matter is that nobody who has taken advantage of this offer has asked for a refund on the Omaha module.

I think you can probably agree that our business operates in a way that doesn't take customers for granted and I hope you take advantage of the refund offer so you can see how much the program will help your Omaha game.

Roy