PDA

View Full Version : Autocreating notes at HM2 start.(Resolved)

SWT
12-22-2011, 12:35 AM
When i start HM2, NoteCaddy start creating notes. I don't want this and need to stop NoteCaddy manually.
Next. Open tables, same story. NoteCaddy: "I see tables, let's create notes!!! Muahahaha!!!".

Where is checkbox "autocreate notes at startup" or smth like that???
I want to run notes creating only when I really need it.

nilaynilay
12-22-2011, 12:47 PM
This has been requested before and a suggestion i personally like too. Its already pencilled in. i am also going to discuss this with Sreti and see if it is viable for a early release.

sreticentv
12-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Once it finishes it won't do that. You can also turn it off via HUD options. Alternatively, you can set a filter to skip older hands. NC has way too many check boxes and if I add a new one every time someone uses excessive punctuation, nobody would ever be able to figure it out.

SWT
12-23-2011, 03:57 AM
I switched back to Hm1.
Anyway I hope you'll make this option one day. At least when I switch to Hm2 again ;)

Azalin
12-24-2011, 03:55 PM
This is a serious problem imho but lemme describe my situation..

I proceeded to enable NC and create notes on a database (HEM2) with 12mil hands of NL 6max in it. The process lasted almost 24 hours.

After that I switched to different active database in HEM2 which has only hands from CAP 6max games in order to import some datamined hands. I let it import and when I returned I saw that after the import (pr perhaps at the same time?) NC had automatically started creating notes for the players. Now what happens when a player I have on both databases plays with me on a 6max NL table (not CAP)? Will I see both notes created for him from BOTH my databases? If thats indeed the case thats of course unacceptable..

NC should be able to have a checkbox/whatever in order to enable the automatic note taking (better still an on/off button). I understand that there is an option on HEM2 HUD Options to enable/disable it BUT in order to do so one must close and reopen HEM2 which is pretty inconvenient when a player is dealing with many databases and makes the whole "switch active database" function of HEM2 useless. What I propose is simple:

1) Have the automatic create notes procedure OFF by default when a player opens HEM2.

or

2) Have the option to SELECT the database in advance when someone opens HEM2 like the standalone version of NC had. NC should not imo start creating notes automatically on the current active database.. Having 10 databases does not mean I want NC to create notes on all of them.

As a side note, what can I do to delete only those notes taken from the CAP database? Is there a way apart from RESET All Notes? I certainly hope so..

Please lemme know if I am missing something here. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas :)

sreticentv
12-24-2011, 05:01 PM
if you reset notes it only does so for the currently selected database. No option to not automatically take notes is coming any time soon because people will accidentally turn it off then report it as a bug when it doesn't auto start. The idea is to reduce options that can lead to confusion so support volumes stay low. Otherwise this software cannot continue evolving.

wlodi
10-11-2012, 08:54 AM
how to stop autocreating notes after run HM 2? That is annoying...

sreticentv
10-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Uncheck "automatically start taking notes when hm2 opens" in file->settings->database settings