PDA

View Full Version : Import from Poker office

j1nx
08-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Ok, I found a good way to dump a PokerOffice (mysql) database into a file containing the PO handhistories. Is there a way to import them?

HEM won't import them, but the procedure is very simple, so the following questions / suggestions.

1) Is it possible to send the PO handhistories to someone so the import can be programmed? If yes I would be happy to write some document explaining the procedure to convert a PO database into a HH file

2) As the export procedure is quite simple, is there any interest by the programmers to know how, so they can take it even further and program an "import from PO" function. I know the SQL statements, so with the right (mysql) DLL it is a matter of automatically doing the small steps i would be happy to provide in a document as stated in point 1.

Thanks in advanced.

H. Hoo
09-09-2008, 05:59 AM
Any news about Poker Office import?
I am considering to change my PO to HE Manager and the critival thing is to get the previous hands imported.

Kind regards,
H. Hoo

morny
09-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Its not in the short term plans as there is alot of big developments were trying to get out at the moment and simply dont have the time

Euthanasia
01-24-2009, 07:12 AM
Have just signed up specifically to ask whether importing PO data has become a priority &/or being looked into at all yet? Im sick to death of Poker Office taking forever to fix the bugs with their software (I play almost exclusively on PokerStars) as well as their constant delays in releasing PO5 in order to catch up with the functionality of PT & yourselves. The ONLY reason I havent changed already is because I dont want to start a fresh data wise. Ive tried to search for this info, but this seems to be the most recent thread on the issue.

morny
01-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Its not in the short term plans however if enough people vote for it here it should get more priority http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/ as of now nobody has requested it

If you still have your original HH then you could import those instead

norva
02-06-2009, 04:21 AM
This is actually doable, since I myself managed to import all of my hands from my PO (mySQL) database into HM yesterday. It took some time and effort but I think it was worth it.

This is how I did it:

1. I had roughly 27.000 hands in my PO database, so I basically selected 300 hands at a time using the bottom section in PO (where you can choose to show 300 hands at a time or to show all of the hands). Then I right-clicked them and chose to show the handhistory in text. In the popup window it will then show you those 300 hands that you've selected in a notepad-format, and they look the same as the handhistories that you get from the pokersite when you save them on your HDD.

2. When you get these 300 hands in the notepad-format in PO, you simply use ctrl+a to select all of them, then ctrl+c to copy them, and then you open a standard notepad document in windows, paste the handhistories using ctrl+v and then save the file in a folder that you create on your desktop.

3. The hard part with this is that you will have to do the same thing for 300 hands each until you've extracted all of the hands from PO into a bunch of notepad-handhistories (you will do this by pressing the "Next 300" button to show the next 300 hands that you will have to copy and paste). I had to create about 70 files of this sort to get all of my 27.000 hands into notepad-handhistories. Like I said, it took some time and effort but when you've managed to create files that contain all of your handhistories from PO then the hard work is done. You just start HM and select "Import from folder", then select the folder where you've stored all of the handhistories that you've created, and then HM imports them all without fail. At least it did for me.

I should mention that I tried to create notepad-handhistories with more than 300 hands in them, and it just takes more time for PO to load them into the popup-window so I don't recommend doing it with more than 300 hands each.

Hope some of you out there try this method even though it seems like a bitch to pull of, but as I see it it's the only available option out there right now to get your PO hands into HM.

Good luck.

heyguy
06-16-2009, 04:25 PM
This is actually doable, since I myself managed to import all of my hands from my PO (mySQL) database into HM yesterday. It took some time and effort but I think it was worth it.

This is how I did it:

1. I had roughly 27.000 hands in my PO database, so I basically selected 300 hands at a time using the bottom section in PO (where you can choose to show 300 hands at a time or to show all of the hands). Then I right-clicked them and chose to show the handhistory in text. In the popup window it will then show you those 300 hands that you've selected in a notepad-format, and they look the same as the handhistories that you get from the pokersite when you save them on your HDD.

2. When you get these 300 hands in the notepad-format in PO, you simply use ctrl+a to select all of them, then ctrl+c to copy them, and then you open a standard notepad document in windows, paste the handhistories using ctrl+v and then save the file in a folder that you create on your desktop.

3. The hard part with this is that you will have to do the same thing for 300 hands each until you've extracted all of the hands from PO into a bunch of notepad-handhistories (you will do this by pressing the "Next 300" button to show the next 300 hands that you will have to copy and paste). I had to create about 70 files of this sort to get all of my 27.000 hands into notepad-handhistories. Like I said, it took some time and effort but when you've managed to create files that contain all of your handhistories from PO then the hard work is done. You just start HM and select "Import from folder", then select the folder where you've stored all of the handhistories that you've created, and then HM imports them all without fail. At least it did for me.

I should mention that I tried to create notepad-handhistories with more than 300 hands in them, and it just takes more time for PO to load them into the popup-window so I don't recommend doing it with more than 300 hands each.

Hope some of you out there try this method even though it seems like a bitch to pull of, but as I see it it's the only available option out there right now to get your PO hands into HM.

Good luck.

First, my complements on your cleverness and dedication.

PokerOffice finally ran me off with their failure to maintain the software I bought, after deliberately reducing its functionality to encourage people to move to the overpriced PO5 option. However before converting years of data 300 hands at a time I'll wait and see if someone comes up with software to do it automatically.

I'm still on the two week free evaluation of HEM, so please forgive this newby question--how well does HEM handle large databases? Even after converting to MYSQL, PO took a few minutes to load after a database reached the 100 000 hand range on my computer, and would have to process for a while after my first hand at a table. Performance analysis with a large database was extremely slow, I'd typically have to wait 15 or 20 minutes for the results. Does HEM do better, worse, or about the same?

morny
06-16-2009, 06:24 PM
HM is pretty quick, we have people running 10million+ databases without much problems once they do regular maintenance, mines over 10 million and i dont do maintenance and its still very quick, obviously your PC specs will have a bearing

heyguy
06-17-2009, 03:33 PM
HM is pretty quick, we have people running 10million+ databases without much problems once they do regular maintenance, mines over 10 million and i dont do maintenance and its still very quick, obviously your PC specs will have a bearing

Happy to read that. I'm impressed/overwhelmed by the magnitude of stats available, most of which I can't imagine using in the HUD. I'll start with a few basic stats and go from there.