PDA

View Full Version : Few questions from newbie

fash1k
12-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Hello. I have few questions & propositions but I am new in this NoteCaddy program, so, sorry if I ask stupid thing which is described in FAQ\Videos (I watched them all). So, lets start:

1. As I already said, the good idea to get ability not to start autocreation of notes on every start of HM2 because 9\10 when I restart HM2 I don't need new notes to be created. Nilaynilay knows about this idea, so, I think, it will be nice to have such function.

2. I have not bad PC (i5 750, 4gb of RAM, SSD). When I start HM2 with deleted NC notes, NC reads about 700 hands\sec when creating the notes (for all notes I use - about 10). If I make any editing to one of the definitions, NC adds it to tasks - delete old notes and create new. Okey, I start it, and after the notes have been deleted, it starts to read the db to search where to write new notes. The speed is 98 hands\sec now. For one definition, not for ten. In both cases my CPU is using for ~70%. Why the speed in 2nd example is in 10 times smaller? Now to have good speed I need to restart HM2 100 times per day.

2a. I was creating notes now like in 2nd example with speed = 90 hands\sec. I wanted to restart my HM2 (to get normal speed) and I clicked Stop. It is still reading the db and the speed is 85-95. Okey, I closed HM2. Wonna start it from my desktop - it says that HM2 is already running. I need to kill it in proccesses and then it's starting normally. But, you remember, that I deleted notes for one of my definition and now wonna create them with normal speed? How to do it? I have no pending tasks, the only way to do it is delete all notes, than close HM2, start it and NC will start working automatically with normal speed. So, I need to delete all my notes everytime if I change 1 letter in one of my definitions? This is not good.

3. 41681 Please, open attached file. I have 3 blue numbers their. I have 3 noob question:

3.1. Can you please explain me, what means yellow and blue vertical lines in CaddySpark graphs (why they can be not on the graph like in "Donks" and "Fires turn after donk")? Also, another q: I knew that in the left of CaddySpark we have 72o or 3-high postflop and on the right - AA or nuts. This is clear. But what means the high of peak? I am trying to understand why the spark in green is high and in red - low? What does this mean? Also, why if we have 775/2510 situations with missed cbet and I think at least 100 showdowns, we have only 2 sparks on the graph?

3.2. Here we have raise of CB in 3bet pot. 33 situations, 1 high spark in green and a lot of small in red... This means that 32 times villain had strong range and 1 time weak but why it is high?=) Just can't understand, I know, those I newbie q, but please, explain it to me.

3.3. Here I just can't understand what does "53" means =). This is default definition without changes. Okey, 53 situations? If so, why not 53 out of for example 106 and in this case, where the 50% frequence is? Also, one more time about CaddySparks graph - it means that villain mostly donks strong range and time to time medium. Am I right?

Thanks for your answers & sorry for my eng.

nilaynilay
12-20-2011, 02:48 PM
point 1 is pencilled in

reg performance sometimes it lags a bit after you hit stop. this was worked on and we havent got this report in a long time now. let us know if this happens all the time. You will also benefit from a full defrag and a full db maintainence

Spark graph blue line is player pool average and orange is player's average

reg the rest pls read thro all the material presented here: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/147941-just-getting-started-notecaddy-read-first.html

fash1k
12-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Okey, will reread that stuff. But if you say that blue is player pool average, how in my example the pool can donk much better hands then nuts because the blue line is out of the graph?

nilaynilay
12-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Okey, will reread that stuff. But if you say that blue is player pool average, how in my example the pool can donk much better hands then nuts because the blue line is out of the graph?

There might be a layout/scaling issue here as this is a brand new addition. i am clarifying this with Sreti

fash1k
12-20-2011, 03:15 PM
reg performance sometimes it lags a bit after you hit stop. this was worked on and we havent got this report in a long time now. let us know if this happens all the time. You will also benefit from a full defrag and a full db maintainence

Yes, it happens all the time. I made full maintance few days ago, so that doesn't help in this case.

nilaynilay
12-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Yes, it happens all the time. I made full maintance few days ago, so that doesn't help in this case.

How many secs do you have to wait for it to stop

fash1k
12-20-2011, 04:00 PM
How many secs do you have to wait for it to stop
Hm, I waited about 30s and it seems that it will never stop by itself. But this is not the main problem. The main is the bug with speed of db reading and it is much worse bug. The only way to get normal speed (~700-800 hands\sec) is to delete all notes and restart hm2 to give it possibility to create notes automatically.

I just wonna get the same speed when I am recreating notes for changed definition without deleting all notes to start from the very beginning. And if the speed will be the same (or even better, because when you create notes for 1 def, not to all 10, it is right to expect better speed) there will be no need to stop creating of notes for hm2 restart.

nilaynilay
12-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Hm, I waited about 30s and it seems that it will never stop by itself. But this is not the main problem. The main is the bug with speed of db reading and it is much worse bug. The only way to get normal speed (~700-800 hands\sec) is to delete all notes and restart hm2 to give it possibility to create notes automatically.

I just wonna get the same speed when I am recreating notes for changed definition without deleting all notes to start from the very beginning. And if the speed will be the same (or even better, because when you create notes for 1 def, not to all 10, it is right to expect better speed) there will be no need to stop creating of notes for hm2 restart.

i want to see this first hand. pm me for a team view