PDA

View Full Version : Help with database...

MarcolinoDK
08-27-2009, 07:16 AM
Sry to be writing in this thread, but I didn't know how to create a new post of my own. My problem is this... I got a free version of Pokertracker 3, through a promotion bonus from NoIQ poker. I have only been using HM since I think it is clearly the best program, but I thought that I would also install PT3, since I just got it for free... Then I had to reinstall the newest version of postgre sql, and in the confusion of me reinstalling it, my HM database dissapeared! I can create a new database and HM still runs perfectly, but can I possible recover my old HM database? I've tried locating it on my pc, but I cannot find it anywhere? Have I totally erased it?? Please give me some advice :)... If I have accidently erased it, I guess it's just back luck, it's not the world's end, but I would be very happy if I could get my precious database back... :)

/Marc from Copenhagen.

netsrak
08-27-2009, 11:52 AM
I created a new thread for you...:p

You can connect to your database server via pgadmin and look which databases you find there. If your old one isn't there i see no way to recover it.
This FAQ explains how to use pgadmin: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=12
In the future you should do regular backups.
If you have the archived handhistories you can import them again.