PDA

View Full Version : My HEM doesn't import any more also. (moved to it's own thread)

Vic
08-27-2009, 10:42 AM
My HEM doesn't import any more also.

For a long time I've been using my computer without any security program, because it blocks hem/postgres. Last time I had problems with connecting to my database, removing Kaspersky and reinstalling everything was the only thing that helped (just disabling Kaspersky wasn't enough). Kaspersky had a new update so I thought let's try again.

I installed Kaspy and the first week it all worked fine if I disabled Kaspy during pokersessions. However, after a couple of days I didn't have to disable Kaspersky any more: HEM and Postgres worked with protection on. Why I don't know.
But.... a few days later (i haven't installed or removed any new programs) I got the connection problem again with Kaspersky on OR off.

After a little bit of messing around I solved that problem (I have Vista with UAC disabled) by running as administrator and later in normal mode again.

Only one problem left: importing. I start HEM, click on auto-import or import from folder and it "starts", only it doesn't do anything. It opens HUD but closes it after 2 sec. It keeps saying "auto-importing..." and stays that way forever, without really importing.

I've had an even weirder problem with importing before: when I opened HEM it said that it was importing already (which was not the case) and when I clicked stop importing it stayed on "stopping import" forever.

What to do?

fozzy71
08-27-2009, 10:58 AM
If you set Exclusions in your Kapersky you shouldn't have issues. I just did a remote support last night with a customer that had Kapersky.

After a little bit of messing around I solved that problem (I have Vista with UAC disabled) by running as administrator and later in normal mode again.

Only one problem left: importing. I start HEM, click on auto-import or import from folder and it "starts", only it doesn't do anything. It opens HUD but closes it after 2 sec. It keeps saying "auto-importing..." and stays that way forever, without really importing.

I've had an even weirder problem with importing before: when I opened HEM it said that it was importing already (which was not the case) and when I clicked stop importing it stayed on "stopping import" forever.

These problems are almost always caused because UAC has been turned back on, or the EXE's are not set to run as administrator any longer.

If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Now add similar Exclusions for Kapersky so it knows all your safe programs.

Vic
08-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Thanks! It's kinda working now. When I right click "run as administrator" it does everything, and more...

I work with an AHK script as multitable helper (left=fold right=raise etc.)
and as soon as I start the HUD it steals focus or something and my AHK script doesn't work any more. I've tried it with different kind of settings, but it didn't help.
Does it has anything to do with running HEM as administrator? or did I mess up other settings? (Didn't have this problem before)

netsrak
08-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Please try to run your AHK scripts as administrator too.