PDA

View Full Version : Merge 9-max seating

dude1000
12-20-2011, 03:36 AM
Well I just got back to high volume mtts, and I set up a new hud, but I can not believe that there is no way to get the 9-max to work as default. I am playing 8-12 tables at a time and every time a new tournament starts or I change tables it reverts to 10max, and even my hole cards are being covered, and the stat positions are way off.

The only 10-max tables on merge these days are don's and 10-max STTs, and the majority is 9-max.

Considering that Merge is the main site for USA players, would it not make sense to issue an immediate update to fix this problem?

This issue is so tilting to me, I have tried to deal with it the past few days, but I cannot take it anymore. Please suggest something to me....

dude1000
12-20-2011, 03:51 AM
I am manually changing the table size 200-400 times per session and it's costing me money and my sanity.

dude1000
12-20-2011, 04:29 AM
i just sat at a 9-max cash table and it popped up in correct positions. Is this problem only related to MTTs?

netsrak
12-20-2011, 05:38 AM
Are you already using 1.12.08? http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

arisgi
12-20-2011, 08:18 AM
I am manually changing the table size 200-400 times per session and it's costing me money and my sanity.

im manually changing from 10 max to 9 max in both 888 and merge and im also a high volume player and i think i want to smash my screen. support for 888 said it will be fixed some 9 months ago. you can see the results:mad:

dude1000
12-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Are you already using 1.12.08? http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

o.k. I updated to the latest version, and it still doesn't work. Was this issue addressed in the latest update? If not, I'm not sure why you mentioned it in this thread.

And for the record, it seems it is picking up 9-max cash tables but not tournaments.

dude1000
12-20-2011, 04:43 PM
im manually changing from 10 max to 9 max in both 888 and merge and im also a high volume player and i think i want to smash my screen. support for 888 said it will be fixed some 9 months ago. you can see the results:mad:

yeah most guys I know quit using the HUD because they can't get it to work. Are you guys still marketing this software to these specific sites? If so I would suggest you stop until this issue is resolved.

Patvs
12-20-2011, 09:36 PM
In the past all tables on Pacific and Merge used to be 10max.
Now that they've added 9max, HoldemManager can't detect the difference, so HoldemManager still assumes every tables is 10max.
We can change this default detection to 9max..... but then players that play on 10max tables will face the same issue where they have to use TableFinder for every table.

HM1: We're working on adding a feature where you can choose what your mostly played game is.
But if you play a mix of 9max and 10max tables, that's also not going to solve anything for you.

HM2: We're working on a fix to just detect the table correctly, but this is a difficult issue.

Ongame has a similar issue. Where whether you're playing at a headsup, 6max or full ring table, EVERY table will be detected as full ring. This detection isn't 'stupid', but merely the pokerclient doesn't add anything to the cache memory for HoldemManager to differentiate the tables. (pokerclients like PokerStars, PartyPoker, do)
I know what you're thinking: if there are 10 players at the table it's 10 max! If there are 9 players at the table it's 9max! HoldemManager can deduct this info from the handhistory file: but when one player leaves the table, or a player is eliminated, this type of detection also won't work. Since it will then wrongly assume a 10max table--> is 9max... and when more players are eliminated 6max--> etc. which will screw up the seating preferences also.

Temporary solution is to manually change the number of seats in TableManager for each table.

heynow21
12-30-2011, 08:27 PM
So this is why my HUD is switching players left and right? And there's no fix?

Patvs
12-31-2011, 10:07 AM
No, if the HUD panels don't appear in front of the correct player, setup your seating preferences: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/34/PreferredSeating