PDA

View Full Version : Hand review and note taking

DTigersD
08-27-2009, 12:17 AM
I just downloaded the trial version of HEM and like it quite a bit. One very important thing, and could be the deciding factor in my purchasing HEM, is the abilty to make notes on hands (not players necessarily). For example:

Can I view a hand in a similar way to this on HEM . . .

Known players:
Position_Stack:hands/vp$ip/RaisePreflop/AF/WTS/ORL/BBvsSteal/W$SD;BB$24.00:47/30 /9 /0.6/33 /0 /-/20 ;Hero$130.00:///////;CO$88.00:47/28 /19 /3.7/75 /33 /-/44 ;BU$66.00:22/50 /14 /1.1/40 /25 /-/0 ;
2/4 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart:, A:diamond:
Hero raises, MP3 folds, CO 3-bets, BU caps, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

So I can review hands . . .

Flop: (16.50 SB) 5:diamond:, 5:heart:, 4:club: (4 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, CO raises, BU 3-bets, BB folds, Hero caps, CO calls, BU calls.

and make notes . . .

Turn: (14.25 BB) 3:spade: (3 players)
Hero bets, CO calls, BU calls.

on each street . . .

River: (17.25 BB) K:spade: (3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, BU checks.

like this?

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

Results follow:
Hero shows two pairs, aces and fives (Ah Ad)
BU shows two pairs, queens and fives (Qs Qh)
CO shows two pairs, sixes and fives (6c 6d)

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and fives (Ah Ad)

I know I can view the hand history text of each hand, but it does not save any notes that I get typed. The hand replayer is excellent, as are the filters (Jesus!), but I need a way to view hands and write notes that I can save. Is there anything that I cannot find in the software or are there any suggestions as to how to get this done quickly?

DTigersD
08-27-2009, 03:52 AM
To try to clarify, when I refer to note taking, I do not mean notes on players, but on the hand itself. I am looking to write, for example, instructions to myself to correct mistakes made during hands - sometimes simple ones like "fold" or "raise" or maybe to correct a miscalculation on my part. I hope this makes sense enough to distinguish between note taking on players and note taking on hands. I guess I am wondering if there is a place to type notes other than player profiles.

netsrak
08-27-2009, 04:54 AM
Sorry but thats not possible at the moment (i guess you are Elephant user? ;) )

But you can suggest it here: http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions

DTigersD
08-27-2009, 05:51 AM
Lol, you are savvy. I find this feature to be very valuable. But I am discovering things by the second on HEM as well.

ProsperousOne
08-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Wanted this for a while.

Vote here:
http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions/suggestions/287715-player-notes-in-the-replayer