PDA

View Full Version : Boss Media - Hands read in fine but players stats not displayed

libertines
12-19-2011, 01:40 PM
You will see in the screen shot that the player stats overlay in the HUD is not always displaying properly.

The left hand table was started first. The right hand table was added afterwards. This problem does seem to be caused by having more than one window open.

The hands are being read in properly as they are they in my HM DB and also in game I can view the history in the pop-up. The hand history summary (showing winner and amount for last X games) does not display the correct information, but you can still click it and see all the correct histories.

To try and fix this I have so far:

- installed the latest HMv1 version
- run the DB "optimise" routine
- created a new database and just imported the hands from my current network - about 10K hands.
- tried running HM on the same and different PCs from the Postgres database.

Patvs
12-20-2011, 01:55 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe 1.12.08

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

libertines
12-24-2011, 06:42 AM
Windows XP SP3.
Microsoft Essentials Virus Checker, Microsoft Firewall though for testing not enabled, plus those two exe's as exceptions.
All drivers and MS updates installed.

Recently I've had a hunch that the problem only happened when a certain player was at the table. So I tried loading lots of different tables over about an hour and it was always a problem when this one player was at the table.... what's that about?!

Last night I played on 7 different tables over 4 hours and did not have a problem.... and this player was not around.

netsrak
12-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Do you have lots of notes in your database for this player? Whats the players name?

libertines
12-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Nice one. It wasn't the players name, which contains no funny characters, but something in the notes. I've deleted their notes and now I can see their stats in the replayer whereas before I couldn't.

I can't see anything obvious in the notes that would cause this, but I've saved them as ANSI text and copied them back in. They are now there.

Thanks!