PDA

View Full Version : HEM Optimization Problem

Dirksanonfactor
08-26-2009, 02:46 AM
Hi all,

Before i ask my question I just want to give a shoutout to all the mods here because they always do an awsome job....now, every time I start HEM it says it is "optimizing" players...it usually takes a good 5-8 minutes and then will flash some type of error problem saying something like "the following error occurred and could not be blocked" blah blah blah...usually i just click ok and start up my session...however, I recenlty datamined about 400k hands and now this "optimization" process takes at least a half hour. I read somewhere on these forums that there is a way to shut off optimization but I don't want to do that if it is important. So, my question is two fold. Exactly how important is the "optimization" process? And what can I do to speed this whole start up process up? Keep in mind I have never gone through any of the processes to free up space/ purge HH/ speed up Postgres or whatever that is so that might have something to do with it....anyways thanks in advance!

fozzy71
08-26-2009, 12:06 PM
The optimize reports should only happen once, per player imported with known hole cards. It usually happens after a bulk import.

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.

Reboot, and run the installer first thing.

If it continues to optimize every time you restart HM:

You can disable this (make sure HM is closed) by going into the Holdem Manager\Config folder then right click and choose "New text Document" and name it NoOpt. Next time you launch HM it should skip this process.