PDA

View Full Version : HEM error

jefscott
08-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Happens when I try to start up holdem manager....happened before on the older version too.

"The following error occurred while trying to open the database. Unable to read data from the transport connection: an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"

Could it have anything to do with going through a router? This started happening exactly when I hooked up my router..

thanks,
jeff

jefscott
08-25-2009, 08:43 PM
in relation to the post above...

It definitely has to be something with the router. When I use no router, it works fine. Any idea how to fix this? unfortunately i know very little about routers. I'm using a Liinksys Wireless-G 2.4 GHz router, and plugged in directly (not using wireless) using standard cat-5 cable.

thanks again,
jeff

fozzy71
08-25-2009, 09:48 PM
What else is on your network? Is your database on the same machine as holdem manager? or elsewhere on the network? Is UAC turned off? What firewalls are you using? I can't imagine the router would cause issues if HM and PostgreSQL are both on your PC. At least I have never had issues with my Linksys router and HM. I wonder if you can forward a port on the router, or set an exception for the router and/or it's port.

See if any of this helps at all.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171