PDA

View Full Version : HEM not importing hands

upandcoming
08-25-2009, 07:59 PM
I haven't used HEM for about 6 months till today and I just updated to version 1.08.04. Before I never had a problem but HEM is not reading any hands I have a lot of tables open but it keeps saying no files found trying again in 5 seconds. I checked and made sure all the folders were correct and they are, no clue what else to do.

upandcoming
08-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Also I just downloaded the new bets, still no luck, checked pretty much everything cant figure out what can be wrong.. need serious help!!!

fozzy71
08-25-2009, 09:43 PM
1) Clear your web cache, and download the beta update again, with another browser if possible.
2) Right-Click > Save Link As to save it to a different folder.
3) Reboot, and run the installer first thing.
4) Make sure the update is installing to the proper \holdem manager folder

*If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

upandcoming
08-25-2009, 10:28 PM
yeah I figured it out, restarted my comp and it started working.

But I cant datamine any hands, FTP block datamining or something? If so How can I datamine?

fozzy71
08-25-2009, 11:36 PM
FTP no longer writes observed hand histories. It was always against their rules to datamine, it was just impossible to stop it or police it, as long as they were writing observed hands.

You can pre-fetch 1 - 5 hands before you sit:

*HUD Options > Site Options > Full Tilt > Pre-Fetch > 1 - 5 hands
*Make note of the Pre-Fetch folder, and add that path to the Options > Configure Auto Import Folders
*C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HEM Data

Now if you start auto import, and open the tables, you can get stats before you sit. It takes a good 2 or 3 hands until the stats appear for Pre-Fetch at FTP, compared to Stars where it is almost instant.

Note: When you sit down at a table with observed stats, the ftp client spins the table to auto-center your seat. HM can not spin the HUD to match until it has imported your first hand. So, the HUD will be visible on hand 1, but will not be aligned properly. I recommend using the Abb. name stat if you dont already to help you spot this when it occurs. If you don't know also, you can assign color ranges to the Abb. Name stat according to their stack size in big blinds. It's a great feature for spotting short-stackers.