PDA

View Full Version : please help me

fubar
08-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Hi huys and gals i purchaced holdem manager earlier today, Ive had so much trouble getting it to run but i think i got it all installed now.

The problem is when i click on it to run it it just comes up with the message
holdem manager has encountered a problem and needs to close sorry for the inconvenience.

Please help i been at this for 7 hours its driving me crazy.

ty

fubar
08-25-2009, 07:01 PM
I should of added i had the free trial and it was ok but i deleted it. I restored my comp to an earlier time to the day before i downloaded it previously so id have the same download info just this time round it wont work .

can any one please help me out.

fubar
08-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Are there no administrators on the site to help out ? .

fozzy71
08-25-2009, 07:44 PM
We check the forums every few hours. We are not on here 24/7.

If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.

1) Clear your web cache, and download the beta update again, with another browser if possible.
2) Right-Click > Save Link As to save it to a different folder.
3) Reboot, and run the installer first thing.
4) Make sure the update is installing to the proper \holdem manager folder

If that doesn't work, let me know and we can try a reinstall of HM.

fubar
08-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Hi i have holdem manager and the postgre all installed now but when i get to the last screen. ( holdem manager needs to know where to find the data base.)

i enter log in name and pass and it says it dosnt exist what am i missing on this bit.

it comes up with fatal error 3d3000 database ( my username) does not exist.

thnx for all your help its much appreciated.

only taken 13 hours so far :P

fubar
08-25-2009, 11:30 PM
woooop woooooop i managed it all up and working.

:)

fozzy71
08-25-2009, 11:33 PM
If you created a unique name and password during install, you will need to enter that now.

PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
HM's default name/password is - postgres/postgrespass

Go to your command function (for Vista users, type cmd in search) and type net user. This will show you which user groups are on your pc.

Net user will tell you what the user is on your machine.

If you still can't get connected thru HM you can either try to remove the password requirement entirely.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Configuration Files > Edit pg_hba.conf

The file should open with Notepad

Scroll to the bottom where you will see this code

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

You need to change the first 'md5' to 'trust', like this

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

Save, and close the file.

Click: Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload configuration

If that doesn't work, you will probably need to do a reinstall of postgresql and pay close attention to the instructions and make sure you write down any user names and passwords to be sure.

Vista: Turn off UAC - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

Turn off Windows Firewall for installing HM and PostgreSQL. Once you get those installed you can add exceptions to the firewall. If you have a 3rd party firewall, uninstall it completely before installing HM/SQL - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
3) run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) install PostgreSQL again, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall, using these directions and postgresql.zip version. - [url]http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=176

fubar
08-26-2009, 01:56 AM
i got it all up and running ive managed to download my hand history and add my username.

But when i play the hud dosnt pop up ive made sure that that the correct thing is ticked. I looked at the advise on there and it really confuses me about going to the c:\programmes etc... and double clicking on it . are there any easier instructions or can some one walk me through it im really not good at this sort of thing.

If any one can remote help from msn live feel free to give me a shout.

thnx so much

edit

i followed step one that says this

If it doesn't pop up, your first thing to check should be the Table Manager. If you can't see it displayed in the bottom window, in Holdem Manager go to HUD Options and make sure that Launch Hud With Auto Import is selected. Then go to HUD Options > Relaunch HUD.

I think this is the step i got to do but i really have no idea where to find what i need i need pretty simple instructions if you can thankyou.

Note: Windows Vista users should make sure that both holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are running as administrator. To do this, close down Holdem Manager and the HUD and locate the 2 .exe files at the following path: C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager. Right click on each .exe file and click on Properties. Look on the second tab to run as administrator and select it if it isn't disabled.

fubar
08-26-2009, 02:30 AM
i am getting the table manager popping up but it has no info on. in the bottom right it flashes between saying, ready. and ftp pre fetching. but thats all.

fozzy71
08-26-2009, 11:14 AM
*Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

fubar
08-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Hi i purchased holdem manager a few days ago and ive got it all set up and working. The 1st import of files i done from all my previous sessions was loaded into the data base. but it seems to have stopped loading any more.

Ive looked in the sessions part of the hm and it only shows sessions up to the 26th But when i look in the hand history part of full tilt the 3 files are in there for the sessions on the 27th. hm Just wont load them up it says no files found.

I thought they were loaded up automatically to the hm but ive tried doing it manually aswell with no joy.

Can any one help me on this thnx.

fozzy71
08-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Please stop making new threads when you still have an open thread about the exact same issue.

Have you done like I previously asked you to? Please do so now.

*Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

fubar
08-27-2009, 04:10 PM
sorry about the new threads wasnt sure if the old ones were checked. Ye ive downloaded the 1.09 beta update i did that 1st thing while downloading the rest.

Ive noticed my session from thismorning has appeared in the sessions now to review, but it looks like its taking 6 or 7 hours upload to hm. all thisafternnons sessions arnt there yet and hm has been running all day i got it on auto import and it seems to be working ok there just not appearing for ages it seems, is this normal.

netsrak
08-27-2009, 04:28 PM
No this is not normal.
But to help you we need more details about your system:
please answer and post these questions: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

fubar
08-27-2009, 06:33 PM
I did have a secondary file named hand history but i deleted it. Ive just made a new secondary file named handhistory and just played some hands on ft and no files were showing up in it.

all the files are in my full tilt hand history.

my current import folders reads.

c:\programe files\full tilt\handhistory\x chris c x\+ sub folders

sorry my answers are a bit vague im not great with this sort of thing.

fozzy71
08-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Once again, please answer these questions I keep posting, and you keep ignoring. We have these questions designed for a reason: so we don't have to have all this back and forth with unproductive information.

fubar
08-27-2009, 07:01 PM
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using?

holdem manager small stakes 1.09 beta 28

2) a. What poker site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than one site?

i only use full tilt

3) Often times, it is one setting or one box that has not been selected that causes the problem. Please see our detailed FAQs on configuring Holdem Manager to work with select poker sites to make sure that your HUD is set up properly for your selected poker site.

its selected to work with full tilt

4) Check to see if the hand histories are showing up in the correct folder.

no they dont appear in hand history folder. there all still in full tilt hand history. there appearing randomly in hm but its taking along time.

In Holdem Manager, navigate to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders and verify that the location of the folder Holdem Manager checks for is the hand histories folder of your poker client.

i think i answered this in thread above

While playing, go to that folder on your PC and see if new hand histories that correspond to the tables your playing at are showing up. This is not relevant where the site uses a database like on Ongame or Prima.

no they dont appear in hand history folder

fubar
08-27-2009, 07:36 PM
ive just been watching the import progress while i was playing a few hands.

Every hand i play it says files imported 1 hands imported 1.

so apparently they are importing but i cant find them.

the latest session to show up is 18.02 today but ive played sessions since then that arent there to review.

my 19.33 session just appeared it just seems to be adding them to the session part to review very slowly

fozzy71
08-27-2009, 08:18 PM

4) Check to see if the hand histories are showing up in the correct folder.

no they dont appear in hand history folder. there all still in full tilt hand history. there appearing randomly in hm but its taking along time.

This was asking if they are appearing in the folder that FTP is writing them to.

In Holdem Manager, navigate to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders and verify that the location of the folder Holdem Manager checks for is the hand histories folder of your poker client.

Then it tells you some things to do if they aren't appearing.

4) If the hand histories are not showing up in the folder, then go back to the FAQ, as they should show you how to check the settings in the lobby to configure the poker site to save the Hand History and make sure its sending the Hand Histories to the correct location. Contact your poker site if your unsure to find out where you can set the location of the hand histories to save to.

While playing, go to that folder on your PC and see if new hand histories that correspond to the tables your playing at are showing up. This is not relevant where the site uses a database like on Ongame or Prima.

no they dont appear in hand history folder

In the first quote above you say they are showing up, so I am a bit confused.

Can you please answer the rest of the questions and attach your config folder as explained in question 9:

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?

fubar
08-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Yes there importing into my full tilt hand history.

yes there importing into hm but it takes hours. im still missing my session from early this morning but last nights is there.

I went to auto config files and deleted what i had there, and started again its the same info as before that i had there which is my ft hand history info.

Now when i put it on auto import it just keeps importing files although im not even playing, Also it says there duplicate files and they seem to be the same files its importing over and over.

Is there any way i can just wipe all the information ive got on hm and start over again.

netsrak
08-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file (you find it in the holdemmanager config folder) to an answer. This forum has an attach function: the paper-clip symbol above the message window.

fubar
08-28-2009, 12:47 PM
i dont want to sound retarded but without a walk through guide of exactly how to do this im at a loss, I had hm working fine on the free trial.

I see the paper clip but i would need a step by step guide of what to do. my computer skills are basic to say the least but ill be able to follow the steps for what you want me to do if you post it here.

sorry for being a pain.

ive tried the faq and i dont understand alot of it also ive followed the setup for ft exactly and its all correct

netsrak
08-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session.

fubar
08-28-2009, 01:36 PM
I feel a bit stupid now, I had it selected to by session rather than by table. so if i had 4 tables on the go then only one session was showing up.

Also the time difference is 5 hours out hence me thinking it was taking hours to show up.

Thankyou for your patience i guess it just takes time to get used to.

Ill stop being impatient and read through the faq properly thanks again. :eek: