PDA

View Full Version : Convergence of stats

Chupacabras
12-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Hello.

Is there any documnent, article or faq that let us know what sample sizes are different stats reliable at?

Thanks in advance?

Patvs
12-17-2011, 11:30 PM
No, it greatly varies on what type of game you play and personal preferences.

HoldemManager actually has two such filters:
-hud options--> table preferences--> "min hands for stat" (default = 0)
Some players are not interested in ANY stats if they have less than 10 hands on a player, so this will enable you -for example when set to 10- that stats aren't shown until you've played at least 10 hands against an opponent.

-hud options-->player preferences--> the "min samples" filter.
Example stat: 3bet
When you play headsup, if you've played 50 hands against an opponent, the 3bet stat should already give you a fair representation of how often the opponent 3bets. So there's no need to set min samples.
When you play full ring a 3bet is much more rare, so there's also no real use to set a min sample.

It may be useful to set some to 2-3 for some stats, if you find a stat meaningless when it's only based on only one sample.
For example stats like: Fold BB to Steal, Fold to Resteal, Fold to Continuation Bet.

Chupacabras
12-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Awesome, this is what I was looking for. However, I am not sure how the latter works.

Do you mean that I can set up every stat y sample size, right? But this is by hands played or by "opportunities", so to speak?

Patvs
12-18-2011, 08:21 PM
With "min sample" you can set it up for EVERY stat individually.
And it will be based on opportunities.