PDA

View Full Version : Finding #hands per hour?

nomdeguerre
08-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi,

Is there any way to find out the number of hands per hour I'm getting?

I can see the total number of hands and the total hours played in the 'Cash Games/Sessions' tab, but this doesn't take into account the number of tables played during each session.

Is there any way to find this out? Maybe an 'average number of tables played' stat or something similar?

Thanks

fozzy71
08-25-2009, 03:03 PM
The sessions tab tracks your actual hours played. You can divide the total hands on the sessions tab by the total hours to get hands/hr. You can also use the Group By: drop down box to group the tables by 'Session' instead of 'By Table'.

nomdeguerre
08-25-2009, 03:22 PM
fozzy, thank you for your reply.

I understand your comments, but unfortunately unless I'm misunderstanding something this doesn't answer my query.

If I display the 'sessions (by table)' screen I can certainly calculate the hands per hour for each individual table. But I don't understand how I can find an average of these calculations, which would be very time-consuming to calculate by hand.

Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks again

fozzy71
08-25-2009, 03:42 PM
The total at the bottom of the sessions tab, is always shows your actual hours played, regardless of what you set that drop-down box to.

nomdeguerre
08-25-2009, 04:08 PM
My apologies, I don't think I'm making myself very clear.

To give a concrete example, I'm currently looking at 24k hands with a total of 45 hours played. This gives me approximately 533 hands per hour. Clearly this isn't useful because it doesn't take into account the number of tables I play at once.

What I would like, is to be able to calculate the average number of hands per hour, per table.

I can do this for each individual table, that's no problem. For example I played a session at one table where I played 243 hands for 177 minutes, giving me an average of roughly 82 hands per hour.

But is there any way of calculating this for EACH table and finding the average of these calculations? Or equivalently, is there a way of finding the average number of tables played overall?

I hope that's clearer, thanks.

Edit: To be clear, the reason I'm asking is because I'm sure I used to be able to do this in PokerTracker, but I can't remember how.

fozzy71
08-25-2009, 04:15 PM
My apologies. I was misunderstanding you. You are referring to PT2's 'MT Ratio'.

There is currently no Multi-Table Ratio in HM, but I am sure it has been suggested.

http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions/suggestions/90097-multitable-ratio?ref=title

nomdeguerre
08-25-2009, 04:23 PM
You are referring to PT2's 'MT Ratio'.

Bingo, that's the one, I couldn't remember the name. So it's not currently available in HEM? I'll definitely suggest it.

Thanks for your help

fozzy71
08-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Feel free to vote it up higher. let me see if I have any votes left and I will too. :D

http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions/suggestions/90097-multitable-ratio?ref=title