PDA

View Full Version : Session overlaps

talkinaway
08-24-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm not sure if this is a "feature request" or a "bug", but I think it's a little bit of the latter.

I sat down at "Cogswell" at FTP at around 1200 server time, and played a session. I got up, and at 2300 server time, unknowingly happened to sit down at the same table. I knew my stats were off since my "$ won" that I keep at the top of the table showed that I'd won $40 even before I'd gotten involved in a pot. Apparently, ALL my HUD stats from the prior session spilled over onto this new session, taking the 100 or so hands from my prior session and "tainting" my current session.

Is there any way to make it so that if you are absent at a table for more than, say, half an hour, it would be created as a new session?

netsrak
08-25-2009, 06:57 AM
Please see this thread: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?p=65676&highlight=time+duration#post65676

talkinaway
08-25-2009, 08:43 AM
That is not the problem. My sessions in the "Cash Games > Sessions" tab are listed as two separate sessions, since I had a period of 12 hours between them.

The problem is that the HUD display combines these two sessions when I happen to go back to the same table. In other words, I play 100 hands with a VPIP/PFR of 17/15, and leave. I come back to the same table 12 hours later, and I play my first hand after being raised from the BB. Now, my stats on the HUD show 18/15 instead of 100/0 like they "should".

netsrak
08-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Ohh, i thought this is the same setting.

What happens if you double click on your stats in the HUD?

talkinaway
08-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Same stats appear in a funky red background. (Actually, I would love double-clicking on the hero stats to give me my lifelong stats...kind of the opposite of what happens to the villans' stats. And yes, I have that request in at the voting place.)

If I can get on the same table as yesterday, I'll see if it still keeps the old table's stats. I have the gut feeling that every "day" it will reset, which is fine by me.

Edit: I sat down yesterday at a table at 1200. Came back to the table at 1100 today (23 hours later), and it behaved well - no extra hands, no extra money won. Personally, the most annoying part of this bug to me is the $won stat...I don't mind if my VPIP/PFR get a little tainted by hands I played previously, but I like to know how much money I've won/lost at a table.

netsrak
08-25-2009, 12:16 PM
I reset the amount won with a restart of HM (i'm not sure whether stopping auto-import, closing table manager and restarting auto-import does the same).

talkinaway
08-25-2009, 12:24 PM
A-ha! Quite possible that this could be it. I'm naughty, and leave HEM running. I'll test if this works later this afternoon.

Edit: Yup. Closing HEM fixes this. Thanks a million BBs!

FatBoy
09-04-2009, 01:02 PM
I have this problem too since I never turn off my pc but put it into hibernation. Is there a fix that doesn't require restarting HEM?

netsrak
09-04-2009, 05:05 PM
You really should restart your Holdemmanager once in a while to clear possible memory leaks and other problems.

FatBoy
09-12-2009, 11:13 AM
You really should restart your Holdemmanager once in a while to clear possible memory leaks and other problems.
Yes, ok I do restart the pc every once in a while, but that doesn't fix the bug. Is this even on a list of bugs to fix somewhere?

netsrak
09-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Could you please explain your problem in detail because i'm not sure whether its the same as OP and whether i understand it right.

FatBoy
09-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Could you please explain your problem in detail because i'm not sure whether its the same as OP and whether i understand it right.

If I don't close HEM between two sessions even a day apart, the Total$won the HUD displays for me is a total for the two sessions and not just for the last session. I think it should differentiate between sessions just like the sessions tab in cash games, which works correctly. I can't remember which other stats are displayed wrong.

netsrak
09-13-2009, 07:21 AM
OK, i'll forward this to Mike..

FatBoy
04-20-2010, 09:11 PM
This is still happening.

netsrak
04-21-2010, 04:56 AM
yep, we are still working on it. We thought it was solved but during the last week we found this problem again and pushed it.