PDA

View Full Version : HEM not working corectly

saltines
08-24-2009, 03:41 PM
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?
using the latest beta fozzy sent me this morning

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?
pokerstars
2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?
yes

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?
I believe so

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?

C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory \, this is where i have the hh going as per what the stars page told me to do.
in holdem manager auto import files i have them set to go to programfiles/pokerstars/handhistory

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
I don't think so, my tables i play pop up and seems no data is being obtained, nothing shows up on my tables either

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?
no i don't think so i just tried this
6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?
I don't know what this is

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?
yes they are in english

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?
yes i believe i did this as fozzy instructed

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?
i don't know what this is

fozzy71
08-24-2009, 03:50 PM

C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory \, this is where i have the hh going as per what the stars page told me to do.
in holdem manager auto import files i have them set to go to programfiles/pokerstars/handhistory

The path that stars writes the HH is the same path you need to enter into the HM settings. If I understand what you wrote here, you are having stars write the HHs in one place, but HM is looking in a completely different location. The processed files archive should be another, different folder.

See attached pics.

saltines
08-24-2009, 04:11 PM
The path that stars writes the HH is the same path you need to enter into the HM settings. If I understand what you wrote here, you are having stars write the HHs in one place, but HM is looking in a completely different location. The processed files archive should be another, different folder.

See attached pics.

Ok here is my problem

I am saving my hand histories to here-C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory \

but when I open hem then auto configure then add folder then then select I cannot find the file through there . I assume it would be in computer then , do you know what I would click to find it? users then mark then what, the only options there are contacts, desktop,documents,downloads,favs,linksmusic,pics swaved games searches and videos.Not sure how to find C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory \ so I can click it in that little box

saltines
08-24-2009, 06:27 PM
basically what the step by step thing for stars said to do is crate a folder and make it look like thi (C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistor y). I did that.

Problem is I cannot find this exact file when i click select on HEM. It has to be in there somewhere. Is it possible it is still hidden or something?

saltines
08-25-2009, 12:56 AM
thanks for the help fozzy I figured it out but I think the way your example for setting up what the file should looklike dfor stars in your screenshot is absolutely 100 percent wrong

fozzy71
08-25-2009, 06:57 AM
basically what the step by step thing for stars said to do is crate a folder and make it look like thi (C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistor y). I did that.

Problem is I cannot find this exact file when i click select on HEM. It has to be in there somewhere. Is it possible it is still hidden or something?

You need to turn off windows hidden files to see the \users\appdata

I apologize for not realizing this was the cause of your problem sooner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html

thanks for the help fozzy I figured it out but I think the way your example for setting up what the file should looklike dfor stars in your screenshot is absolutely 100 percent wrong

Mine is 100% correct, for XP users. Pokerstars used to default the Vista user's HH folder to the \users\appdata you, and many others, had problems with. Pokerstars now uses C:\Program Files (x86)\pokerstars\hand history so it is more similar to the XP user setup.