PDA

View Full Version : Help with HUD!!

ftsfinest
08-23-2009, 09:28 PM
I just installed postgre and holdemmanager and everything is running smoothly. HOwever, I noticed my stats on one table differs from another table. Is that normal? Shouldn't the stats be collective? And also, what exactly do the #'s represent? For example, 1/2/3/4
5/6/7/8
If anybody has some information that would be great. Thanks so much. :)

fozzy71
08-23-2009, 11:24 PM
I just installed postgre and holdemmanager and everything is running smoothly. HOwever, I noticed my stats on one table differs from another table. Is that normal? Shouldn't the stats be collective?

That is by design.

HM is designed to only show your session stats at that table as we felt it was alot more useful for a couple of reasons:
1) Alot of people will have a huge amount of stats on themselves so it saves lagging issues having to show these for yourself
2) Alot of regulars are very aware of their stats and when youve alot of stats accumalated it would take a huge swing just for 1 stat to change since youve such a big sample and so there not very useful
3) Its much more beneficial to see your session stats to get an idea of how aggressive or passive people will see you since you sat at that table. (again even if its against a reg youll know yourself your overall image or at least you should)
4) You can easily check your overall stats in the reports section to remind any stats but again most people know their stats pretty well.

And also, what exactly do the #'s represent? For example, 1/2/3/4
5/6/7/8
If anybody has some information that would be great. Thanks so much. :)

HM FAQ's - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx

Can you explain what the stats mean in HUD Options > Player Preferences? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=155)

ftsfinest
08-23-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks fozzy. So basically stats on other people are gonna differ from table to table as well? And as far as that link you provided, it showed me abbreviations and their meanings, but no meanings to the 8 numbers with /'s in between them on the table. Or am I just missing something? Sorry if I am, kinda new to all this, but thanks once again for the help. :)

fozzy71
08-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Thanks fozzy. So basically stats on other people are gonna differ from table to table as well?

No. Their stats will show lifetime numbers. If you want to see their table stats you double click the note icon for that player.

And as far as that link you provided, it showed me abbreviations and their meanings, but no meanings to the 8 numbers with /'s in between them on the table. Or am I just missing something? Sorry if I am, kinda new to all this, but thanks once again for the help. :)

Most of the HUD stats are explained in that FAQ. Go to HUD Options > Player Preferences > Display These Stats to see what your current HUD config is set to display. then you should be able to look up that stat in the faq I linked. You can turn on abbreviations, on the appearance tab, for the stats to help learn them while playing.

I suggest you read the beginners guide and instruction manual.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=2

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=182

ftsfinest
08-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks fozzy. I'm going over everything and slowly getting the hang of it. One problem I had when using HUD that I couldn't find an answer to is why player stats were showing for people who are not currently at the table. They might have been there previously, but their stats are still there, and when a new player sits, it still shows the previous persons stats. Is there any reason for this? Anything to fix it? Please let me know. Once again, I appreciate it fozzy. :)

netsrak
08-25-2009, 06:50 AM
The stats of the players which left the table should disappear after the next played hand which is imported.

Please make sure you are using the latest Beta 1.09.28 from the link in my signature.

fozzy71
08-25-2009, 07:00 AM
Thanks fozzy. I'm going over everything and slowly getting the hang of it. One problem I had when using HUD that I couldn't find an answer to is why player stats were showing for people who are not currently at the table. They might have been there previously, but their stats are still there, and when a new player sits, it still shows the previous persons stats. Is there any reason for this? Anything to fix it? Please let me know. Once again, I appreciate it fozzy. :)

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.

Make sure you do not have HUD Options > Table Prefs > Force On Top activated.

The stats should leave or appear within 1 hand of that person sitting out, or being dealt in.

*If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions so we can try and narrow down the possible causes. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

ftsfinest
08-25-2009, 05:11 PM
seems like everything is good now. thanks so much for everything, i appreciate it. :)

ftsfinest
08-31-2009, 03:33 PM
fozzy, sorry to bother you but one last question. When I am playing I have the auto import on, but after sessions sometimes ill click on import from folder and import those hands too. Sometimes more hands will be imported and other times not. Is auto import not doing its job or is it just importing duplicate hands that have already been imported? Thanks so much for all the help. :)

netsrak
08-31-2009, 04:42 PM
It should only be duplicate hands when you are using the latest Beta

ftsfinest
08-31-2009, 06:06 PM
So do you recommend I use auto import and never import from folder? Or should I just use import from folder after each session? I just don't want hands to be imported twice to skew stats. Thanks so much.

fozzy71
08-31-2009, 09:42 PM
You should only need to use the auto import feature, if everything is configured properly in the auto import folder configuration window. What folder do you browse to when you do the Import from Folder ?

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

ftsfinest
08-31-2009, 10:02 PM
When I import from folder its from C:\Fulltiltpoker\hand history.

I believe I attached the file. Let me know if I did it right and what else I can do to help you guys solve this problem. Thanks so much. :)

fozzy71
08-31-2009, 10:34 PM
So do you recommend I use auto import and never import from folder? Or should I just use import from folder after each session? I just don't want hands to be imported twice to skew stats. Thanks so much.

Duplicates won't affect your DB stats.

When I import from folder its from C:\Fulltiltpoker\hand history.

I believe I attached the file. Let me know if I did it right and what else I can do to help you guys solve this problem. Thanks so much. :)

Make sure you close FTP before you close HM and stop importing. This should help to make sure the hands get archived properly, so it doesn't read the duplicate hands.

ftsfinest
08-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Thanks fozzy. So basically I should just use the auto import and never the import from folder, is that correct? And also close ft before I close hm, right? Thanks so much.

fozzy71
08-31-2009, 10:56 PM
Yes. The last step shouldn't really be necessary, but the recent FTP client upgrades have caused some issues. Their new client doesn't always change the file's modified date correctly, and this causes HM to not archive them. The process of closing FTP first, should allow HM to move the file to the archive.

ftsfinest
08-31-2009, 11:03 PM
Thanks alot. I appreciate it.