PDA

View Full Version : HEM1 and HEM2

laryto
12-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Hello, I'm thinking about to upgrade to HEM2. But I'm interested in what will happen with HEM1 if I do it. Will it be affected in some way or I will be able to use both version simultaneosly without any problems?

Patvs
12-15-2011, 02:18 AM
If you UPGRADE: You'll be able to use HM1 for at least 6 more months. (you can run both simultaneously if you'd like)
At some point (after 6 months), the HM1 code will be deleted, after which you'll ONLY be able to use HM2.

If you just buy HM2 (without using the upgrade discount), your HM1 code will never be deleted.
So assuming we'll continue to support HM1 for another 12 months, you will then still be able to use HM1 july 2012 - december 2012, without ever being forced to use HM2.

JHTAN
12-15-2011, 03:36 AM
do you mean all the HEM1 users force to upgrade/buy HEM2?
Is that possible if someone doesn't wish to upgrade/buy HEM2 and continue to use HEM1?

thanks.

Patvs
12-15-2011, 03:50 AM
HM1 users--> that upgrade to HM2 using the discount (EVERY existing HM1 user is eligible for a HM2 discount)---> will be unable to use HM1 anymore after 6 months. (so ONLY if you upgrade to it using the discount)

If you don't want to upgrade that's also possible. You can continue to use HM1 for as long as you want.
HM1 will still get updates for the next 12 months (crucial updates to fix the HUD, import of hands, etc.) though no new features will be added to HM1*. And at some point (after at least a year) we'll stop to release updates for HM1.
(but you're still free to use it)

*since no new features are added to HM1--> and those programmers are working on HM2, it's only a matter of time before HM2 has completely caught up with HM1. And HM2 will convince even the current HM2-haters to just upgrade and stop using HM1.