PDA

View Full Version : Some FTP hands do not get imported

mastertop101
08-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi, I'm 100% confident that some FTP hands I played have not been imported. I've been using 1.09 beta 20. Now I downloaded the latest beta, but I have no idea as to how I could import the missing hands. This is a huuuuuuuge problem for me... There are days I think it's working well, but there are days it seems to miss half of the hands. HEM should add support for FTP hands that were received from FTP's hand history online tool...

Also, I cannot seem to have the little box with latest pots, average pot, etc on my tables.

thanks for helping me

fozzy71
08-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi, I'm 100% confident that some FTP hands I played have not been imported. I've been using 1.09 beta 20. Now I downloaded the latest beta, but I have no idea as to how I could import the missing hands. This is a huuuuuuuge problem for me... There are days I think it's working well, but there are days it seems to miss half of the hands. HEM should add support for FTP hands that were received from FTP's hand history online tool...

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

Also, I cannot seem to have the little box with latest pots, average pot, etc on my tables.

HUD Options > Player Preferences > Appearance tab > Number of Pots: 3

The table average vpip/pfr is the checkbox for [x] Show table avgs

mastertop101
08-24-2009, 09:26 PM
hi, ive imported my hands from all the places they could be and it still misses some hands...

2nd problem, too, remains unsolved

thanks for helping

netsrak
08-25-2009, 06:32 AM
1. Do you have the hands in your handhistory files? If so please try importing into a new database to see if it makes a difference: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

2. You need to activate it in the player preferences. Please check this thread: http://holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16141&highlight=pots

mastertop101
08-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi, thanks for the answer.

1. Importing hands into a new database was successful. Out of about 57k hands played in the month of August, about 5k were missing (I'd say it was far from being a consistent 10% missed hands a day, but rather some days when it misses a lot) This is the second time I started a new database and I truly don't like that (especially since i have to import hundred thousands of hands)

2. Thanks, I was using a custom filter... that's why it was not working (now it's working)

I wish holdem manager was generally faster though... from my experience, PT3 was way faster... (I now only use HEM, but that's mostly because of the much better HUD...)

thanks

fozzy71
08-25-2009, 03:46 PM
PT3 does bulk import faster than HM, but HM doesn't do their ridiculously long housekeeping process after each bulk import. You can dramatically increase importing speed by putting PostgreSQL on it's own dedicated (hi-speed) drive. :D

mastertop101
08-25-2009, 04:08 PM
importing speed,,. i don't really mind... but stuff like showing graphs, showing certain hands, showing other players' stats, etc. are wayy slow

fozzy71
08-25-2009, 04:35 PM
I would suggest you do the majority of the things in this thread: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11194

Some of the most important things, imo:

- Remove the WinnerName, WinnerCards and WinnerWon from the Hands View Column Selector
- Turning off logging and deleting existing logs
- Vacuum/Full/Analyze, then Reindex
- SQL Tuning Wizard
- Defrag last and make sure you stop the postgresql service before you defrag. I personally use Defraggler.
- Do a Cold Boot (Shut Down > Start) before you use HM again

mastertop101
09-04-2009, 11:56 PM
unfortunately, hem still misses some hands... im not the only one who has this problem... there has been some discussion about this on 2+2 (nothing truly worthwhile to you though)

this is obv. way unacceptable for a tracking software...

i have no idea as to whether or not PT as the same problem...

is the dev team fully aware of this issue? this should be top priority

netsrak
09-05-2009, 05:42 AM
The developers are constantly working on this and other issues. Please follow the Beta process: http://holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11641