PDA

View Full Version : Missing hands when importing from LuckyAce

Ornithopter
08-23-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm experiencing a strange problem with importing hands from LuckyAce poker. Somehow, not all hands played can be retrieved from the 'Cash Games' --> 'Sessions' tab. Typically about 20% of my hands played are missing. As these often include big pots, the problem really makes it impossible to track my results accurately.

The strange thing is, that while playing, the hands that are omitted from the overview tabs are actually included in the HUD stats. So as long as I'm at a table, I can accurately see the number of hands I've played and my amount of money won or lost, but after I leave the table some hands are 'lost'. This seems weird to me, as I thought the HUD relied on the same data as the overview tabs.

Can someone explain to me what might be wrong and how I can fix this? Thanks in advance. My version of Holdem Manager is 1.08.04. My version of LuckyAce poker client is the most recent auto-update.

If someone from support is reading this: I saved a sample LA hand history file of an hour of play at one table and noted which hands were and which were not saved. I can e-mail you the file if this helps you analyze the problem.

Kind regards,

Ornithopter

fozzy71
08-23-2009, 05:40 PM

Can someone explain to me what might be wrong and how I can fix this? Thanks in advance. My version of Holdem Manager is 1.08.04. My version of LuckyAce poker client is the most recent auto-update.

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

Ornithopter
08-23-2009, 06:09 PM
I ran the update and re-imported the hand histories of the last two months, but nearly all hands were reported as 'duplicates'. (There were only 6 new hands, while I am missing many more.) It seems like HEM somehow just overlooks some of the hands in the history files LuckyAce creates.

fozzy71
08-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Try creating a new DB and importing them there - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

If the new DB works properly, you can delete the old DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=21

Ornithopter
08-25-2009, 05:39 AM
I created a new DB and this seems to have fixed the problem. I'm still working on importing all the old HH's, but at least all the hands of my current sessions are imported accurately.

If anyone else is reading this: I set the format of the new DB to ASCII instead of UTF. Don't know if this has any impact on the result, but just so you know if you're looking at the same issue.

Regards,

Ornithopter