PDA

View Full Version : Hit flop %

Botmac
08-23-2009, 08:40 AM
Looking to find a filter or report to see % of times I hit the flop. I have not found a way to do it in HEM, (maybe I'm missing somthing).Does anybody have a custom report or filter than I can use, I have no idea how to make one myself, or if it is easy I could try making one if sombody has a formula for it. If possible, maybe a filter or report for turn and river % also.
Thanks for your time.

fozzy71
08-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Filter > Edit:

Use the Hole Cards, Board Texture, and Hand Values tabs to filter for any of those types of situations.

Botmac
08-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the quick response, but I tried what you suggested, I'm looking more for a stat I guess that I can see in the reports or a filter to see my flop %. Like if I open a reports tab say,overall I would like to see out of all the hands I played what the % of hitting one of my hole cards is, like 20% of the time I hit the flop. And maybe the turn and river as individual stats as well. I hope I explained this properly. Again thanks for your quick response, you guys are great.:)

fozzy71
08-23-2009, 12:48 PM
No such stat exists.

Feel free to suggest it here:http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions

or here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3719

Botmac
08-26-2009, 08:25 PM
^ Bump
Any of you computer gurus know if this is an easy formula to create. Any help would be appretiated, thanks.

Botmac
09-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Bump, Is this filter/ report possible, any help is appretiated:)

fozzy71
09-17-2009, 04:05 AM
I have forwarded this thread to the developer for a reply.

TheZepper
09-25-2009, 07:29 PM
I've done these types of custom stats and reports, but the logic gets very complicated, very quickly - depending on which type of hands u want to include in stat (PP, or just 2 unpaired cards, suited or unsuited), and how u want to define "hit".

In any case, no single stat will do the job.......

Botmac
09-26-2009, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the reply zepper, just looking to see my % of times I hit the flop when I'm in a hand, dosen't matter what cards , just if I hit a card on the flop. Somthing in the reports tab (overall) similar to the one that shows you the % of times you have hit a set. Curious to see if I'm hitting my fair share of flops. Again thanks for the reply.

TheZepper
10-03-2009, 06:52 PM
No prob - its just that the only way I know how to do write these stats requires that both your ph.HolecardValue_ID and your flop.madehandvalue are very specifically defined... no easy way to do it (but these are the 2 HEM default stats u need).

Botmac
03-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Bump, Just wondering if anybody has made a custom report for something like this.

a.k.a.Also
03-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the reply zepper, just looking to see my % of times I hit the flop when I'm in a hand, dosen't matter what cards , just if I hit a card on the flop. Somthing in the reports tab (overall) similar to the one that shows you the % of times you have hit a set. Curious to see if I'm hitting my fair share of flops. Again thanks for the reply.

I ran a filter for flops seen to get a total, then you can select more than one hand value in the filter, so you could select say Two pair - Both cards paired - Top two paired, then hold shift and select Staight flush on board at bottom of list.
This will then give you a total in the report screen.
Not very elegant but is this what you're looking for?
I hit 675/8208 flops - 8.2%.

To get the attachments to work, rename .txt to .filter and copy them into the filter folder. Then load the new filter, (you might have to hit the refresh button)

You can then use the position filters in conjunction with these.

I wondered if it would be possible to adapt Plugging leaks 03 - flop hand strength.

@TheZepper - where do you find all the definitions for the Range In = flop.madehandvalue numbers??

TheZepper
03-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Let me see if I can help you both out.

First, to make this as simple as possible, we'll use Botmac's definition for Hitflop: when he hits a card on Flop - 1 card and 1 card only.

Therefore, we can exclude all situations where we hit 0 cards or 2 or 3 cards on flop. Therefore, at a minimum we can exclude high card hands, trips (2 cards), straights and flushes (3 cards) AND ALL DRAWS.

Second, we can define Sawflop as ph.maxstreetseen >= 1 and ph.streetwentallin <> 0 (I assume we're not interested in hands where we got it ALLIN preflop).

Botmac
03-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks AKA, I did make somthing similar to your filters, your saw flop filter gave me an idea, I added the stats to my hit flop filter allowing me to see how I play out a hand if I hit the flop. Thanks Zepper for your reply, That's what I'm looking for, just to see if I hit one card and the percentage out of all my hands I hit. Now if only I knew how to make that file so I could use it in my reports. Thanks again guys:)

TheZepper
03-28-2010, 05:35 PM
I was trying to edit my reply, but I got cutoff because I type so slowly. The Hand Values that u want are 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,43,44,45,60,61,62. a.k.a.Also - the easiest way to get HandValues is to choose several hand values at a time (like one pair, two pair, etc.) saveFilters, and then simply keep a list of results.

Botmac: Do u mean that u want to make this filter into a stat?

Botmac
03-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Yes Zepper, so I can see in my report section to give me an idea of the % of times I hit the flop.Similar to the stat they have on % of sets you hit. Thanks Zepper.

signuptoday
06-24-2010, 08:25 AM
i was wondering
if this exclude hand like 22 on akq flop
i know HEM count it flop a pair.