PDA

View Full Version : Using HUD w/Different Database

PeaceFr0g
08-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Hi,

I've created two different databases in HEM. One I use to track current hands (yearly), and the other which is an ongoing database that includes every hand I ever played online. I do this so my current one doesn't get bogged down and become slow when I want to browse it.

However, it would be nice if my HUD could gather info on my opponents from my all inclusive database (as well as my active one). I remember PokerAce allowing you to choose which database it got information from. Can I do this with HEM? Thanks.

fozzy71
08-23-2009, 09:55 AM
This is not currently possible with HM. You can purge and delete old/observed hands, to keep your active DB smaller. With regular maintenance a DB with 5 million hands should perform very similarly to a DB with 500k hands. The only thing that noticeably suffers as the DB grows, is the bulk import speed (usually only used when creating a DB or importing mined hands).

I would suggest you do the majority of the things in this thread: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11194

Some of the most important things, imo:

- Turning off logging and deleting existing logs
- Vacuum/Full/Analyze, then Reindex
- SQL Tuning Wizard
- Defrag last and make sure you stop the postgresql service before you defrag. I personally use Defraggler.
- Do a Cold Boot (Shut Down > Start) before you use HM again

PeaceFr0g
08-23-2009, 10:05 AM
This is not currently possible with HM. You can purge and delete old/observed hands, to keep your active DB smaller. With regular maintenance a DB with 5 million hands should perform very similarly to a DB with 500k hands. The only thing that noticeably suffers as the DB grows, is the bulk import speed (usually only used when creating a DB or importing mined hands).

I would suggest you do the majority of the things in this thread: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11194

Some of the most important things, imo:

- Turning off logging and deleting existing logs
- Vacuum/Full/Analyze, then Reindex
- SQL Tuning Wizard
- Defrag last and make sure you stop the postgresql service before you defrag. I personally use Defraggler.
- Do a Cold Boot (Shut Down > Start) before you use HM again

Foz,

Bummer you can't import from another db (seems like that would be a good feature in the future), but the info you provided should be helpful. Thanks!