PDA

View Full Version : Team Viewer Session

beng2813
08-21-2009, 10:25 PM
How would I go about setting up a Team Viewer session?

I have a lot of bugs and random glitches.

fozzy71
08-22-2009, 12:31 AM
We like to start with some of the basics on the forum so we have an idea of what type of problems you have and whether or not a TV session is going to be necessary. If it is necessary we will then know what type of problem we are going to be trying to fix.

Please explain what the major issues are at the moment.

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.

If the problems are importing or HUD related, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

beng2813
08-22-2009, 12:52 AM
It seems I just have a lot of random bugs.

I have the latest update. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have created a new database.

A few of the bugs:

- I will randomly get pop ups referring to pospref.txt followed by a few other pop ups when I try to close HEM sometimes. When I restart it I have to reposition all the stats on the tables.

- Stats will randomly disappear from random tables for a few seconds/hands and then reappear.

Those are the biggest problems. There a few other little random glitches.

beng2813
08-22-2009, 12:57 AM
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?
1.09 beta 23a
2) What Poker Site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?
Stars and FTP
2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?
yes
3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?
yes
4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?
yes
5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
yes
5a) Do they import if you create a new database?
yes
6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?
yes
7) If you open the HH are they written in English?
yes
8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?
N/A
9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?

netsrak
08-22-2009, 05:18 AM
OK, lets start with updating to the latest Beta 1.09.26: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For the problems with posprefs.txt. You find this file in the config subfolder of the Holdemmanager installation. Something like security or spyware software possibly prevents HM from accessing this file. I suggest you delete it while HM is closed and start HM to create a new empty one (you have to reposition your stats after this again). Also please make sure that you dont close HM with a running Auto-Import.
When you want to close HM first stop the Auto-Import, wait until this is completed and then close HM.

Stats flickering - we only have some general hints about this problem: make sure your graphics card driver is uptodate and try to change the opacity and check / uncheck force on top in the table preferences.

beng2813
08-22-2009, 04:08 PM
K did what you said. Going to play a few sessions. Get back to you in a day or so.

Thank you for your help.

beng2813
08-23-2009, 01:33 PM
aight up until this morning everything was fine.

I had hold em manager and table manager open all night. I sit at a table on PS and a table manager pop up appears.

"exception thrown in destructor (f:/dd/vctools/vc7libs/ship/atlmfc/src/mfc/filecore.cpp:111)an unnamed file was not found."

hmmm............other than that everything seems to be going smoothly so far.

fozzy71
08-23-2009, 02:31 PM
That's a known issue were working on, to avoid it in the meantime dont leave HM running when your finished with it, updating to this version and rebooting http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe should solve the problem and then follow the above advice to limit the problem returning.

beng2813
08-23-2009, 08:45 PM
something I just noticed is that when playing PS I have the HH replayer open and stats show up on it and then the hands wont show up in the HEM HH on the actual table but will show up on the replayer window.

I am refferring to the thing that shows the last few pots and you click it and it shows the HH.

fozzy71
08-23-2009, 10:53 PM
something I just noticed is that when playing PS I have the HH replayer open and stats show up on it and then the hands wont show up in the HEM HH on the actual table but will show up on the replayer window.

I am refferring to the thing that shows the last few pots and you click it and it shows the HH.

Not 100% sure I understand you completely. Are you talking about the HM replayer or the Stars replayer having stats on it? That causes the table averages to disappear? Then if you close the replayer the table averages come back on the live table? Could you please take a screen shot and attach it to a post with the manage attachments button when posting.?

beng2813
08-24-2009, 02:07 AM
Ya, sorry. I couldn't quite figure out how to explain that. Will get screen shot when I recreate it.

Just now though was playing on FTP and stars for about 3-4 hours. For the last hour or so the HUD on PS goes out and I am pretty sure the hands stopped importing too.

This has happened before too. I look at my stats in HEM and my winnings don't change once the HUD goes out so it seems the hands aren't importing.

I can see the HH.txt in the PS folder. I stop importing then start it again. Nothing. I close HEM and reopen it then auto import and nothing. I tried using "import from folder" and it says it found no files.

Just realized the same is true for the two tables I was playing on FTP.

So for some reason hours into my session HEM stops recognizing the HH's for both PS and FTP. The txt files are in the folders but I cannot get HEM to import them. The HUD was still working for the full session on FTP but the stats stopped updating as it stopped importing the hands.

netsrak
08-24-2009, 05:05 AM
Please try the latest Beta 1.09.27 http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

beng2813
08-24-2009, 03:39 PM
i am still having problems with the pospref.txt pop up.

fozzy71
08-24-2009, 03:45 PM
I apologize. It seems I overlooked that part of your earlier post.

1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing position files, so HM will rebuild them to default.
3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Importing\Config\pospref.txt and pospref2.txt.
4) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and open 1 cash table.
5) After a couple hands it will pre-fetch some observed hands to show the HUD.
6) Use Ctrl Right-Click Drag to move the panels Move the main/first panel for each player first. This is the panel with the Note Icon (astersik).
7) Once the main panel is in the proper position, you can position the sub-panels for each player.
8) Once they are set, go to Table Manager > File > Save Positions.
9) Close that table, open a new one, and sit to play.
10) If the HUD pops up while waiting for the big blind, do not move any hud panels.*

*Once HM imports your first played hand it will spin the HUD to correct for the preferred seating settings.

beng2813
08-24-2009, 05:29 PM
I apologize. It seems I overlooked that part of your earlier post.

1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing position files, so HM will rebuild them to default.
3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Importing\Config\pospref.txt and pospref2.txt.
4) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and open 1 cash table.
5) After a couple hands it will pre-fetch some observed hands to show the HUD.
6) Use Ctrl Right-Click Drag to move the panels Move the main/first panel for each player first. This is the panel with the Note Icon (astersik).
7) Once the main panel is in the proper position, you can position the sub-panels for each player.
8) Once they are set, go to Table Manager > File > Save Positions.
9) Close that table, open a new one, and sit to play.
10) If the HUD pops up while waiting for the big blind, do not move any hud panels.*

*Once HM imports your first played hand it will spin the HUD to correct for the preferred seating settings.

3) no such folder exists under Holdem manager/importing/
5) I was under the impression that you can't do this anymore due to FTP new update that won't let you data mine. No stats pop up for me until I am dealt in a hand and it is played out.
7) I am not sure what main panels and sub panels you are talking about. I have one line of stats for each player and that is all. I don't have the default HUD. It is customized.

I did everything you said with the exception of things listed above. I have deleted the pospref.txt before and done similar things only to get the same result.

netsrak
08-25-2009, 06:04 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session.

fozzy71
08-25-2009, 06:17 AM
3) no such folder exists under Holdem manager/importing/

This was a typo by me. The \config folder is one level higher, in \holdem manager\config

5) I was under the impression that you can't do this anymore due to FTP new update that won't let you data mine. No stats pop up for me until I am dealt in a hand and it is played out.

You can pre-fetch 1 - 5 hands before you sit:

*HUD Options > Site Options > Full Tilt > Pre-Fetch > 1 - 5 hands
*Make note of the Pre-Fetch folder, and add that path to the Options > Configure Auto Import Folders
*C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HEM Data

Now if you start auto import, and open the tables, you can get stats before you sit. It takes a good 2 or 3 hands until the stats appear for Pre-Fetch at FTP, compared to Stars where it is almost instant.

Note: When you sit down at a table with observed stats, the ftp client spins the table to auto-center your seat. HM can not spin the HUD to match until it has imported your first hand. So, the HUD will be visible on hand 1, but will not be aligned properly. I recommend using the Abb. name stat if you dont already to help you spot this when it occurs. If you don't know also, you can assign color ranges to the Abb. Name stat according to their stack size in big blinds. It's a great feature for spotting short-stackers.

7) I am not sure what main panels and sub panels you are talking about. I have one line of stats for each player and that is all. I don't have the default HUD. It is customized.

That part of the instructions is for people that use multiple hud panels. If you only have 1 panel, that is the main panel,

Fabio will help you get everything sorted.