PDA

View Full Version : Variable flop.facingbetpercentofpot

Spec
12-11-2011, 09:45 PM
When using this variable to create a report, I noticed that it is calculated based on the value of the flop BEFORE any bets are done and not what the player is really facing.

Example:

Total Pre flop = 8$. Beginning of Flop = 8$ (obviously).

Now player A bets 1$, players B calls 1$ so the pot is 10$ when action comes to us.

HM is saying that facingbetpercentofpot = 12.5% which is 1$/8$.

However this is incorrect. Should be 10% because the pot is already 10$ (1$/10$).

Am I missing anything ? I could not find anywhere any explanation for the variable so I guess it may be a bug, at least if I take the name of the variable litera

alllala
12-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Well you can read the intention of the table either way.

but facing bet percentage of pot is what it says. When the pot is 8$ big and someone bets 1$, then the facingbetpercentofpot = 12.5%.

This table wonīt include any callers. The table you imagine would be called something like tocallpercentofpot

Spec
12-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Well, facing bet is what I'm facing. I'm facing 1$ bet
Pot is what is in the pot. So it's 10$
For me was logic that facingbetpercentofpot is what I'm facing at the moment (1$) with the pot at the moment (10$).

BTW, do you know if any variable gives what I'm looking for ?

alllala
12-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Donīt read it as facing bet % of Pot, instead itīs facing a (bet%ofPot).

And no. There is no table for what you a looking for. As far as i comprehend there isnīt even a correct way to create a formula, that give you your desired result.

Spec
12-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks alllala. Very disappointing though. :(