PDA

View Full Version : Application error causing laptop freezing

Deurdy
08-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi, Since about 8 weeks my laptop keeps freezing halfway through my poker sessions for about 1-2 minutes.
I multitable sngs (10 tables) and use HEM HUD while playing.
After running some tests and consulting some people, I found that the error is caused by the postgres database.
As such, I reinstalled the whole thing, created a new database and reimported all my handhistories.
Unfortunately the problem is still occuring.

I have added a printscreen to show my system registered postgres.exe as the source of my laptop freezing. Unfortunately I have a Dutch version of Vista, but "toepassingsfouten" mean "application errors".

Can you please let me know what I can do to prevent this from happening, cause it's actually costing me money at the moment.

Regards,

Deurdy

netsrak
08-20-2009, 02:07 PM
You need to give us some details about your computer

Deurdy
08-20-2009, 04:00 PM
My laptop is a Dell Studio series, from Dec08, and has the following specs:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8400 (2.26 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 cache)
4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x2048]
Runs on Vista.

visa
08-21-2009, 06:36 AM
Hello, I faced similar problem today. When I try to start Holdem manager my computer freeze when HEM is trying to connect postgres database. Before today there has been no problems with HEM or postgres database. I checked that I have the latest version of HEM and that was the case. So I believe too the problem is with database.

I'm running Vista ultimate (service pack 1)
Processor: Intel Core Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Ram: 4,00 GB
system type: 64-bit

-visa

Haha. So my problem was solved when I manually vacuumed the database. Hopefully this will help someone someday with this same problem.
Here is link to FAQ (manual vacuum):
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx

Deurdy
08-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Vacuuming the database was already one of the first things initially did when the problem first surfaced, but without result.

fozzy71
08-21-2009, 09:00 AM
As such, I reinstalled the whole thing, created a new database and reimported all my handhistories.
Unfortunately the problem is still occuring. ......

What did you reinstall? HM or PostgreSQL? or both?

My laptop is a Dell Studio series, from Dec08, and has the following specs:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8400 (2.26 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 cache)
4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x2048]
Runs on Vista.

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.
If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.
Make sure you have all the latest windows updates.
Verify you have Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.

Deurdy
10-12-2009, 06:32 AM
After a lot of further checking and system cleaning it now appears to that error is caused by the motherboard and AC adapter, and Dell will be replacing both. So this can be closed.

Thanks for the responses though.

Deurdy.