PDA

View Full Version : import errors

omaholic
08-19-2009, 07:06 AM
I am just trying HM. I imported the hand histories exported from Pokertracker. HM says there are 452 import errors. Where can I see those errors and the affected hands/files?

Edit: Ok. Now I see that all the old Ongame hand histories were not imported. What to do?

fozzy71
08-19-2009, 10:09 AM
A)
1) - Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.
2) - If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.

B)
1) Close your poker client(s), then close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Open your poker site HH folder and 'Cut' any HH files in there, and 'Paste' them into your \HMArchive folder, and/or a new folder on your desktop, so you can try to manually import them again.
3) Restart HM > Import From Folder > point to your desktop folder.
4) After it is done, you will want to copy the files in the folder on the desktop to your \HMArchive folder.
5) HM doesn't move HHs when you use the Import From Folder option, like it does for auto import.

C)
1) - If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

omaholic
08-19-2009, 04:50 PM
I already installed the latest version, am using Holdem Manager Trial 1.09 beta 24.

I'm not sure what that FAQ has to do with my problem. I didn't test the HUD till now, this is just an import issue. To make it clear again. I exported all hand histories from my Pokertracker database. HM doesn't import the old Ongame (before glorious P5) hand histories. But these are almost half of all my hands. So if I can't import them, I don't need HM at all.

But speaking of the HUD: is it working for the actual Full Tilt, Party Poker and Ongame clients?

fozzy71
08-19-2009, 08:35 PM
I already installed the latest version, am using Holdem Manager Trial 1.09 beta 24.

Current version is beta 26, please update like I mentioned.

I'm not sure what that FAQ has to do with my problem.

The questions give us a lot of information about your machine and it's current state, and can help us narrow down the cause and solution. The questions relate to importing as well as HUD functionality. If it isn't importing, it can't show the HUD. Those answers may help us understand why it isn't importing.

If you want me to try to help you with your problems, instead of answering your doubts about my instructions, please answer those questions if you are still having problems with Beta 26. I would rather be trying to help you with your problem, than spending all this time making this post.

I didn't test the HUD till now, this is just an import issue.

If you read the FAQ, you would see it also addresses import settings. It is the first thing I tell EVERYONE to do, regardless of whether it is a HUD or Importing issue. You are not the first person I have helped get HM working for.

To make it clear again. I exported all hand histories from my Pokertracker database. HM doesn't import the old Ongame (before glorious P5) hand histories. But these are almost half of all my hands. So if I can't import them, I don't need HM at all.

Update and try importing a portion of them again, to a new DB. If they still won't import for some reason, please www.7zip.org the hands and email them to fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name. He can find out what is causing the import problems. My guess would be that the exported versions of the HH from PT2 are not the same as the originals and are causing issues with HM.

But speaking of the HUD: is it working for the actual Full Tilt, Party Poker and Ongame clients?

Yes, it should work fine if you are using the latest beta version and have the sites configured properly.

omaholic
08-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Ok, i thought it was the same version, as the file name was the same.
So here we go.

1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using?

Holdem Manager Trial 1.09 beta 26.

2) a. What poker site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than one site?

Stars, Party, Tilt and Ongame. I imported my old hands from those sites. Import errors occured only for Ongame hands.

b. Have you clicked on the Start Auto Import button?

First I used the Import from folder option. But I moved the affected files to the folder where the actual Ongame hands are stored and started the auto import. They also were not imported.

3) Often times, it is one setting or one box that has not been selected that causes the problem. Please see our detailed FAQs on configuring Holdem Manager to work with select poker sites to make sure that your HUD is set up properly for your selected poker site.

ok

4) Check to see if the hand histories are showing up in the correct folder.

ok

5) So by now you should have confirmed in answering each question that you have setup the folders correctly and the hands are appearing in the correct folder.

I'm not using HM during play right now. I wanna get my old hand histories into HM before.

6) Have you tried the Table Finder and did it work?

didn't try

7) If you open the hand history files, are they written in English? Note that they should be.

they are

8) Make sure UAC is disabled and unselect it and restart if it is.

I have Windows XP.

9) Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder.

done

I will send one the affected hand history files to Fabio.

omaholic
08-20-2009, 11:27 AM
I don't see any attachment, so I try again.

Rvg72
08-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Looks like these files are from pokerroom which we do not support right now

Roy

omaholic
08-21-2009, 04:48 AM
Yes, Pokerroom, Europoker and bwin. But didn't all Ongame skins have the same hand history format and software?