PDA

View Full Version : restore db or export hands, always huge amoutns of hands missing

lms111
08-19-2009, 06:37 AM
Hi, when ever i back up a db and restore or export hands to file and then re import, there is always huge amounts of hands missing, like some onths where i have 30k hands of play have 7k hands saved. any suggestions?

fozzy71
08-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Are you using the same version of SQL when you backup/restore?

Are you always using the latest beta version of HM when you do the bulk import method?

No filters set in the new DB?

Have you ever tried to verify the total hands in DB1, export/backup, and then import/restore and run the same SQL Query?

Open pgAdmin, doubleclick the "localhost server" so the red X goes away. Select your HM database in the treeview.

Do "Tools -> Query Tool" (or click the "SQL" icon in the toolbar).

enter this in the top section of the query window:

SELECT COUNT(pokerhand_id) as hands FROM handhistories;

Then do "Query -> Execute" (or click the "play" icon, or hit F5).
It will grind the disk for a little then spit out a number in the lower pane of the query tool if all has gone well

lms111
08-19-2009, 10:33 AM
well yeh im pretty sure ive used a bunch of different sql versions, but i have no idea which one matches which db( anything i can do about this?). and ive gone throihg thouroughly and checked filters , aliases n all thet kinda stuff. problem with that check is, that will tell me total amount for the db ie. observed hands, where as im more concerned with all the hands ove played that are missing.

fozzy71
08-19-2009, 12:20 PM
My suggestion, to be sure you got all the hands you have ever played, would be to send a email to support@yourpokersite.com and ask them to send you hand history (text) files for all your hands and tourney summaries for all your tournaments. If you play on ftp/stars, this shouldn't be an issue. I am not sure about other sites.

lms111
08-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Hi, well i dont play on either of thoes sites, and the site im on, pacific poker, doesnt send out hh's. i really think this is kind of unacceptable, i used poker tracker for years, and never lost hands. now ive lost all of my records for the last 18 months or so. if this is just how the program is then its defective and i think i shouldve been warned that it isnt able to keep all of the data. i mean it should bea verry basic function to export hand histories and then re import them and have them all there. wtf? i think id like a refund and will have to go back to poker tracker.

fozzy71
08-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Are you sure that you were/are updated when you re-import the exported hands? If you aren't using the latest beta, there is a chance a lot of hands can get missed during import. If you have all the original HHs, please www.7zip.org the hands and email them to fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name. If the Zip is too big to email, you can upload it to a site like megaupload or rapidshare, and email the link so he can download them.

lms111
08-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Hi, yes im fully up to date with beta 1.09 26, it appears out of 140kish hands, there are 15k error hands. is seems v wierd that the program can export the hands that work, but they come out as error hands. should i send the error hands?

fozzy71
08-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Yes plz