PDA

View Full Version : Database Share Query

RLOG
12-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Hi

I recently bought a new desktop and wanted to be able to use the same database for both my laptop and the desktop.
I installed HEM onto desktop and imported the DB from laptop and then added my laptop to the allowed hosts for postgres on my desktop and pointed my laptop to the desktops IP. It connects fine and works well in terms of hands importing - they instantly show on my desktop databse. However last night I switched mid session to my laptop (I play tournaments) and the tournament results haven't been updated to show the tourneys I was running when I switched as completed.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Ross

Patvs
12-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Instead of "sharing" one database, let the desktop and laptop each use a separate database.
AFTER each session sync the database, by importing the NEW hands played on the desktop to the laptop (and vice versa)

RLOG
12-06-2011, 10:43 PM
I realise that's an option but it's awfully time consuming and what I'm doing eliminates any need for user input.

Is it not possible then?

RLOG
12-06-2011, 10:44 PM
I do have a separate database which I use on my laptop when I'm travelling and then import as you say, but when just at home this option seems much better

Patvs
12-06-2011, 10:49 PM
When you switch computer's mid-session playing STT/MTTs, having a remote database (shared database) can cause this issue.
Do you play on PokerStars, or a site with separate summary files?

RLOG
12-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Pokerstars

netsrak
12-07-2011, 05:50 AM
Did you import the separate summary file? It may not be configured on your 2nd PC:
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/441/Poker+Stars+Tournament+Summary+Setup

For older tourneys you have to request tournament summaries manually: Pokerstars > Requests > Tournament Histories...