PDA

View Full Version : Still locking up and crashing

Lunatic973
08-18-2009, 11:42 AM
I've upgraded to the newest version of PostgreSQL, and upgraded the RAM on my hardrive. I'm still having problems with Absolute Poker locking up and then leaving me sitting out at my table, most of the time kicking me off it. I've defragged the hard drive on my computer, uninstalled everything I don't need on here, which is pretty much all other software. I'm assuming the reason why it's not locking up at other sites is because my database there is a lot larger than at any other site. I'm not looking to purge my handhistories unless absolutely the last resort, because I like to go over them weekly, and I look back at other hands against the same opponent. My database is only a little over 75,000 hands, so I don't think it's big enough to cause a problem.

My computer is a laptop, 1.79 GHZ AMD Turion 64 w/ 1.5 MB RAM

Any suggestions, that don't include buying a new computer?

I do have a desktop on my network that I could store the hand histories on if it would help free up space on the laptop. I just didn't think 75,000 hands would be enough to bog down the computer.

netsrak
08-18-2009, 12:00 PM
75K hands should not be a problem.

1.5 MB Ram would be a big problem but i guess its just a typo. :p

Could you please explain the problem a little bit more detailled. When does the computer freeze? Is it the HUD or when you open reports or sth. like that?

If its the HUD you could try to change the Opacity or test with force on top in the table preferences.

WarrenD
09-04-2009, 02:42 AM
I have the same problem. On my laptop, HEM/the HUD will work on 2 tables at absolute poker and if I try to open any more tables, the HUD will show up sometimes on the 3rd, but usually at that time and, especially if I open any more tables, the screen freeze up. Action continues at the tables under the frozen screen image, but the only way I can get to tables is to close HEM via the task manager. I have an R61 Lenovo - this doesn't happen on my desktop computer. A friend of mine said it was because the integrated video card in the laptop can't handle the software. Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks

netsrak
09-04-2009, 04:15 AM
Try the things i wrote before and maybe this FAQ is helpful too: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=162