PDA

View Full Version : Cake import problem

Spring St
08-18-2009, 03:36 AM
I'm having the same problem trying to import my cake histories. I'm running the latest beta, have the UAC turned off, and have the thing set up so it's auto importing files as I play, but they still won't show up in the report. Please Help!

Spring St
08-18-2009, 04:04 AM
Here is a copy of my .config file

netsrak
08-18-2009, 05:40 AM
Why do you post in a thread about a Stars problem?

The files are imported without errors?
Please check your filter and player name settings in the reports.
You should also try to import some hands into a new database to see if it makes a difference: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

Spring St
08-18-2009, 06:32 AM
Why do you post in a thread about a Stars problem?

The files are imported without errors?
Please check your filter and player name settings in the reports.
You should also try to import some hands into a new database to see if it makes a difference: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

The files are imported with no errors
I cleared filters, and can't enter a player name because there are no hands.
I also tried creating a new database with no luck.

I posted in this thread because it's about not being able to import hand histories, not because the original poster was on pokerstars. Obviously.

Spring St
08-18-2009, 06:36 AM
Hey I just got it to work. I never pressed enter to search for my name...:p

netsrak
08-18-2009, 06:37 AM
When you try to select a player name please click on the change button directly not on the arrow besides.

icebreaker
09-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Hi there,

Been reading through severals of the "cake problems"-threads + the FAQ post w/o finding any help for my problem so gonna try here.

I'm trying to import the hand histories from Cake and the files are beeing moved from the location where they are written to the archive folder, so they've clearly been found by HEM. But no files are actually beeing imported (always says "...did not find any new files..."). And I've tried to search my screen name in the reports, but obviously it won't show, as the hands haven't been imported.

I've got the latest patch, 1.09.30, got UAC disabled, and got the right folder. Tried rebooting my computer after making sure everything is set right. It still won't import the hands. Also tried to manually import one at the time, but nothing!

Any sugestions?

fozzy71
09-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi there,

Been reading through severals of the "cake problems"-threads + the FAQ post w/o finding any help for my problem so gonna try here.

I'm trying to import the hand histories from Cake and the files are beeing moved from the location where they are written to the archive folder, so they've clearly been found by HEM. But no files are actually beeing imported (always says "...did not find any new files..."). And I've tried to search my screen name in the reports, but obviously it won't show, as the hands haven't been imported.

I've got the latest patch, 1.09.30, got UAC disabled, and got the right folder. Tried rebooting my computer after making sure everything is set right. It still won't import the hands. Also tried to manually import one at the time, but nothing!

Any sugestions?

have you tried creating a new DB? Does the Players (xx,xxx) tab show any players total numbers? I s this a new HM and PostgreSQL installation? What version of SQL?

icebreaker
09-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Created a new DB earlier today, so brand new.
It shows currently 28 players in the "Player (xx)" tab.
Made both installation with new updates yesterday.
SQL is version 8.3.

netsrak
09-05-2009, 05:04 AM
Does this mean everything is fine now?

If not i think your handhistory files are not in english.

icebreaker
09-05-2009, 05:31 AM
No, this was how it looked when I first tried to import. So this means I haven't made it work even though I've, afaik, made everything correct.

The HHs are in english. Already checked this.

netsrak
09-05-2009, 05:39 AM
I don't really understand your problem.

The auto-import is running every 5 secs. So the message "didn't find any new files.." is normal with some interruptions.

You have 28 players in your database so there are hands.
Please click on the Change button directly not on the arrow beside to select a player name for the reports.

If this doesn't help please try to explain your problem again because i don't really get it.

icebreaker
09-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Oh, I apologize for the unclearnes. The 28 players in HEM are from other sites, so I haven't imported any hands at all from Cake. The problem is that it won't import. So when I set it for auto import after playing some hands on Cake it always says "no new hands were imported" - even if I let it run a few minutes. But the files from the folder where the hands are written are moved the archive folder, so they are detected. Somehow it seems like they are beeing moved, but not read and imported.

And yes, I've tried clicking the "change" button instead of the arrow.

Not sure if I can be any more clear than this.

fozzy71
09-05-2009, 09:54 AM
To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

If that does not import any of the cake hands, please www.7zip.org the hands and email them to me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread.