PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with posprefs.txt "can't write" issue

mfm000
08-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Went through another episode of the long running posprefs.txt file corruption
because I forgot to shutdown HEM.

Woiuld it cause HEM total indigestion if I just marked posprefs and posprefs2
as read-only once I have a config I'm happy with?

fozzy71
08-18-2009, 12:53 AM
I have no idea about that, but fixing the a corrupt pospref file is easy is relatively simple.

Close HM and the Table Manager. Delete your existing position files, so HM will rebuild them to default. \Holdem Manager\Importing\Config\pospref.txt and pospref2.txt need to be deleted. Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and start stars and open 1 cash table. After a couple hands it will pre-fetch some observed hands to show the HUD. Use Ctrl Right-Click Drag to move the panels Move the main/first panel for each player first. This is the panel with the Note Icon (astersik). Once the main panel is in the proper position, you can position the sub-panels for each player. Once they are set, go to Table Manager > File > Save Positions. Close that table, open a new one, and sit to play. If the HUD pops up while waiting for the big blind, do not move any hud panels. Once HM imports your first played hand it will spin the HUD to correct for the preferred seating settings.

mfm000
08-18-2009, 08:44 PM
I have no idea about that, but fixing the a corrupt pospref file is easy is relatively simple.

It's simple, if one has fine motor control in their hands to rearrange all of the stats. Otherwise, it's really not.

fozzy71
08-19-2009, 04:59 AM
I would suggest you make daily sync-backups using a program such as Cobian Backup or Allway Sync. Then if it gives you that warning, close HM, copy one of your archived versions of the files, and paste them into your current installation. No guarantees, but that should work, and prevent you from having to manually fine tune the HUD positions, if the file gets corrupted again.