PDA

View Full Version : Hud not working with Windows 7

faolchu
08-17-2009, 03:31 PM
The DB, Hud and Holdem Manager apps are all set to run as admin. I have placed the exceptions in my firewall as per the guide yet I still have no joy in getting the overlay to appear. I have also checked Force Ontop.

I have postgresql 8.3 and I believe I am using the latest beta version of HEM

EDIT 18/08/09 :- I am using Win 7 Evaluation Build 7100

Mike chops
08-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the report. Anybody else have any Windows 7 reports?

Veteran68
08-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Not yet but I'm keenly interested. As an MSDN subscriber, I've got the final versions of Win7 from Microsoft and was preparing to upgrade my primary desktop (also my poker PC) this coming weekend. So I guess now I'm going to hold off until I know for sure that HEM and its HUD are compatible.

You guys might already by MSDN/TechNet subscribers and have the final release, but if not and you would like for me to help test it, I can install it to another drive and dual-boot, but you might have to provide some extra license activations since I'd still need to play on Vista. I had reserved my 2nd HEM activation for my laptop -- can't recall if I activated it there yet, but will be taking it on vacation in a couple weeks and will probably want to play some, so I don't want to use up that activation.

netsrak
08-18-2009, 11:40 AM
You can reset your activation every time http://www.holdemmanager.net/Registration

I have read of some users which had no problems with Windows 7. They just had to do the standard vista things, disable UAC and/or run everything as administrator.

faolchu
08-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Anyone have any further ideas on resolving this issue?

fozzy71
08-23-2009, 11:18 PM
I have postgresql 8.3 and I believe I am using the latest beta version of HEM

EDIT 18/08/09 :- I am using Win 7 Evaluation Build 7100

I don't see where you ever said an actual version number.

*Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

Please reproduce the problem and post a screen shot - http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

with the following:

1) The table manager
2) The tables (including one with no stats)
3) The "importing\hud data" folder
4) The ...handhistory\screenname folder.
Please make 3 and 4 the detailed view with the dates and file sizes etc.

To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

Koss
09-04-2009, 06:23 PM
I have this problem too..

I'm running Windows 7 Build 7100 as well. Everything is up to date, I just did a system update. I am using HEM 1.09 Beta 30 and postgreSQL 8.3.

HEM will not import new hands. It imports all of my older ones just fine but it will not import the new hand histories. I have tried various import options, including importing from the HH file, as well as importing from my HH folder. It always says "Found 0 files to process..." when there are obviously files and hands in there.

I tried this as well using HEM 1.08, and it would find and acknowledge the files, but it would not import hands and would instead list errors for all of the hands. With 1.09 Beta 30 it doesn't acknowledge the existence of the hands at all.

I also tried postgreSQL 8.4 with no success. And I did try creating more than one database.

Please help! :confused:

fozzy71
09-04-2009, 08:50 PM
I have this problem too..

I'm running Windows 7 Build 7100 as well. Everything is up to date, I just did a system update. I am using HEM 1.09 Beta 30 and postgreSQL 8.3.

HEM will not import new hands. It imports all of my older ones just fine but it will not import the new hand histories. I have tried various import options, including importing from the HH file, as well as importing from my HH folder. It always says "Found 0 files to process..." when there are obviously files and hands in there.

I tried this as well using HEM 1.08, and it would find and acknowledge the files, but it would not import hands and would instead list errors for all of the hands. With 1.09 Beta 30 it doesn't acknowledge the existence of the hands at all.

I also tried postgreSQL 8.4 with no success. And I did try creating more than one database.

Please help! :confused:

If you don't mind being my guinnea pig, please email me for a teamviewer session. I have not yet seen W7, but I would actually welcome the opportunity to try my first remote support session on a W7 installation.

Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.