PDA

View Full Version : Enumerated values, ranges(Suggestions)

ManuC
12-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi,

In the options, you can choose how many "enumerated values" to show in a note.

1/ it would be great if you have a different option for kind of hand and ranges (it's unbearable to have more than 10 "Top pair/Inside staight draw" kind of stuff, but it be usefull to have more "QTs" showed)

2/ it would be fantastic to have a "true" range representation like "TT-77" for pairs from 77 to TT or "JJ+,AKs"

What do you think about that?

nilaynilay
12-05-2011, 01:28 AM
suggestions noted.

sreticentv
12-05-2011, 08:22 AM
This "true" representation has been suggested several times but there are some things that are nontrivial. For example, if someone raises a2o UTG once because they're tilted should it say a2+ always? A little misleading, no? What if they do something like raise AJs and AKs but not AQs. Putting AJs+ gives bad info there.

Any time an assumption has to be made, there will be people who pay close attention and have a different opinion and will report it as bugs. Then to try and keep everyone happy it has to go deeper and deeper until nobody can figure out how it's supposed to work.

ManuC
12-05-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm not english fluent so I don't make myself comprehensible.

The problem is you can't have to much enumerated values to keep readable (10 is a max I think).

So a note "Open-limp then call (52)" is a little useless... So:

1/ do permit to have more enumerated when it's hands (range)
and/or:
2/ I don't ask to "guess" the range but to "shorten" it, like {22-77;TT-QQ} more than {22,33,44,55,66,77,TT,JJ,QQ}

Better?

sreticentv
12-05-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm not english fluent so I don't make myself comprehensible.

The problem is you can't have to much enumerated values to keep readable (10 is a max I think).

you can configure this in file->settings->HUD

2/ I don't ask to "guess" the range but to "shorten" it, like {22-77;TT-QQ} more than {22,33,44,55,66,77,TT,JJ,QQ}

Better?

I understand what you are saying. There are many ways to "shorten" this. It is subjective. Regardless of the method I choose, some will disagree. I wish to avoid bugs as well as perceived bugs. I recommend using CaddySpark to show shortened ranges