PDA

View Full Version : Big problem with Vista and postgre

Gunix
08-17-2009, 04:35 AM
Hi, I cant run Holdem Manager
I have the next errors, ill atach screens to:

The following error ocurred when trying to open the database. Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1
A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attemp start the service?
Sorry Holdem Manager was unable to start the service
Holdem Manager has started the service. Please try again

I read all the fags and do this:
1. Close down Holdem Manager and the HUD. [DONE]

2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager or wherever you installed Holdem Manager. . [DONE]

3. Right click on each .exe file and click on Properties. . [DONE]

4. In the Compatability tab and in the Priveledge level, select run as administrator. . [DONE]

Note: If run as administrator is greyed out, this is fine as this indicates you're already running as an Administrator. . [DONE]

Also make sure UAC is disabled. See the following URL for information on how to disable UAC . [DONE] I HAVE UAC DISABLED

I Disable/Exit/Close your firewall and any antivirus programs. TO AND ERASED the postmaster.pid file.

PLEASE HELP !

netsrak
08-17-2009, 06:30 AM
Please reboot your computer.

After the reboot please look in the windows services (under control panel->administrative tools).
Is the postgresql service running?
Can you start it manually?
When it is running you should be able to connect with Holdemmanager.

DrawMaster
08-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Please reboot your computer.

After the reboot please look in the windows services (under control panel->administrative tools).
Is the postgresql service running?
Can you start it manually?
When it is running you should be able to connect with Holdemmanager.

I have this problem too...

Sometimes PostgreSQL starts by itself, and sometimes I can start it manually. Most of the time it won't start at all.

But it does not matter starting or not on windows boot-up. HEM wont start no matter what happens.

Something really is broken now.

netsrak
08-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Which operating system?
Which postgresql version?

Firewall disabled?
Any messages in event viewer or in the postgresql log files?

DrawMaster
08-18-2009, 02:07 AM
Which operating system?
Which postgresql version?

Firewall disabled?

Windows Vista Home Premium
tried 8.2, 8.3 & 8.4 all the same.

Firewall....yes this really is the problem. PostgreSQL is not working when my firewall (F-Secure 2009) is disabled. But works great after uninstalling firewall.
Then stops working again after reinstalling firewall.

Is it really so that PostgreSQL & F-Secure are not working together?

Any recommendations for firewall software that works with PostgreSQL?

----

P.S.
Got so tired to this BS. I have old computer running Ubuntu Linux for downloading poker-torrents, so I installed PostgreSQL 8.3 there and my goodness it was easy. Took about 20 mins to get PostgreSQL up & running. Now I can connect to same DB with my laptop & desktop.

netsrak
08-18-2009, 03:38 AM
Yes F-Secure Firewall and Postgresql have big problems working together.

I cant recommend another firewall because i personally think they are totally useless.
But other firewalls have less problems with Postgresql.

The Ubuntu solution is a good way :)