PDA

View Full Version : HM goes slower and slower when I use NC

melles
12-03-2011, 06:08 PM
All I do is open a NC definition and rename it or change some thing like c/c to cr.
Then I do this on 5+ definitions its start to get slow and after like 15+ definitions it goes really slow.
In the task manager HM is using 650 000kb when it goes really slow.
When I start the HM its using 490 000kb.

Its have always been like this.
I have done a lot of renaming on my definitions and always had this.
Must be some memory leak or something.

So what I do is rename or change definitions and restart HM every 15-20min.

I have the same problem on my laptop also, so its not specific to my computer or db.

Just wanted to let you know.

nilaynilay
12-04-2011, 03:17 AM
every time you rename those are effectively new def for NC and are added to pending tasks. pls click on pending tasks and let it complete before you move on to other things.

if it still happens let us know

melles
12-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Pending task dont work for me at the moment.
If it did it could take 2-4 hours to remove and create a note. That wont work for me.

I guess I will just do what I do know restart every 15min.
When I do new notes reset, reimport wich takes more then 24 hours, 2-3 days if I go back a month.

nilaynilay
12-05-2011, 01:35 AM
i would advice you to do a full maintenance fo your database from hm and also defrag your drive.

and also look into these

Go to file->settings->database settings and make sure "use turbo hands grabber" is selected
Try increasing the number of threads selected on the same screen
Increase the amount of memory available to postgres http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/content/postgresql/pg-5minute.htm
Consider investing in a solid state hard drive
If you have more than 1 million hands in your database and use filtering, this causes a large amount of strain due to complicated data retrieval. You should try turning off filtering (file->filters) and see if that helps.

2-3 days seems abnormally high.

melles
12-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Right now I have a ssd for OS and a 10000 rpm for db, cpu I7.

If you have more than 1 million hands in your database and use filtering, this causes a large amount of strain due to complicated data retrieval. You should try turning off filtering (file->filters) and see if that helps.

My db is verry big, do you know how much slower it goes when you use filter?
The way you could solve this is to make it so you could just have notes on lets say the last 30 days just like how the hud works.
You dont want to have old notes on someone that like 3 months old.

My speed is 30-50 hand per sec after more then a mil imported not sure how fast I could do with a ssd for db.

Increase the amount of memory available to postgres http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/conte...pg-5minute.htm

I have 12 gb so I could increase the memory for postgres.
Do you have any numbers how much it would help?

But I still think this is a bug or a memory leak or something.
It should not matter how many definitions I rename or change nc/hm2 should not go slower.
Maybe if I hade 10 definitions up at the same time but when I close everything should be back to normal.
If I rename or change 15 definitions then close them, even if I do it one at the time.
It should not make nc/hm slower so you need to restart.

If you could only change report view in HM 10-15 times then you need to restart hm because it now goes slow.
Same thing.

But if you want to call it a feature thats fine, just wanted you to know about it.

nilaynilay
12-06-2011, 02:42 AM
The way you could solve this is to make it so you could just have notes on lets say the last 30 days just like how the hud works.

http://i44.tinypic.com/xbxwty.png

melles
12-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Ok so you say if I change the filter all the notes that I have before that date disappear?

Lets say I have 2011-10-06 - 2013

Now I dont want to have old notes from october.
So all I do is to change the filter to 2011-11-01 - 2013
And they will go away and dont show up?

Without doing a reset and spend 200 hours on importing them again, it would be nice if it could be as the hud just set 60 last days.

nilaynilay
12-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Ok so you say if I change the filter all the notes that I have before that date disappear?

Lets say I have 2011-10-06 - 2013

Now I dont want to have old notes from october.
So all I do is to change the filter to 2011-11-01 - 2013
And they will go away and dont show up?

Without doing a reset and spend 200 hours on importing them again, it would be nice if it could be as the hud just set 60 last days.

Changing filters wont have any effect on notes already taken. The only way to del them is to do a reset.

However a real time on the fly date filter sounds like a good idea and i will pass it on. However it is likely there is a good reason its not implemented so i cannot promise too much atm.

melles
12-07-2011, 03:33 PM
However a real time on the fly date filter sounds like a good idea and i will pass it on. However it is likely there is a good reason its not implemented so i cannot promise too much atm.

Thanks, Yea it would be nice to not reset/import every week or so.

nilaynilay
12-07-2011, 03:41 PM
how about purging the hands from the DB. if you dont need them for NC maybe you dont need them for HUD?

so that actually shortens the DB and makes a real diff.