PDA

View Full Version : Flop tendencies vs hand on flop

spfret
08-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi,

I really like the "Hand at Showdown" and "Hand at Showdown (Detailed)" reports that you have. It helped me see how people play certain hand combinations on the river.

I was wondering if there is a way to create a similar report but for the flop. In other words to have "Hand at Flop" and "Hand at Flop (Detailed)" reports. I'm also wondering if these reports could be combined with stats of %bet, %call, %check on the flop.

Thanks
spfret

nevertiltever
08-21-2009, 04:41 PM
To understand how your opponent's hand ranges, and playing style, you might find this tool useful: http://www.holdemanalytics.com. It's a reporting tool I have been working on for Hold'em Manager. If you have a large HEM database, queries can take a while, but it shows how groups of players play vs. individuals.

spfret
08-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi never,

Holdem Analytics does look like a very useful tool, but does it work with tourney play? I downloaded it but it seemed to only analyze my ring game plays.

If there's a special way to make it work for analyzing tourney players, please let me know.

Spfret

nevertiltever
08-21-2009, 05:54 PM
spfret,

It doesn't work with tourneys yet, because I don't play tourneys :(. But it could...

How would you suggest filtering for time in the tournament? Harrington's M? Something else?

Which of the current report tabs make sense for tourneys?

Thanks,
Alex.

spfret
08-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Hey Alex,

Oh that's too bad that it doesn't work for tourneys. The software looks very useful and I was itching to use it.

I'm not a programmer so I'm not quite sure what you meant by "filtering for time". The M value will be one way, to categorize how people play at various Ms. Another way is to look at full table vs short handed etc.

Anyways, I hope against hope that you would find time to program it for tourneys. Pretty please!

nevertiltever
08-21-2009, 07:35 PM
I'll add tourneys to my list... Right now, I am working on adding equity calculation so you can estimate equity vs. an opponent's range.

For analyzing the cash games that you do play, I hope you noticed that you can left-click on most of the histograms to show details of hand strength and individual hands.

Alex.