PDA

View Full Version : Cannot activate HEM on formatted computer?

Drew1
12-03-2011, 03:13 AM
I have HEM for a while already. I use 2 computers, a desktop and laptop. Today i formatted both my laptop and desktop. I then activated HEM on laptop and it worked. I always have desktop as my #1 pc and laptop as my #2 pc.

However, when i tried to activate HEM on desktop... pc 1, it tells me i have to first deactivate it first. Is there a reason for this? I thought if i format my computer, everything is erased? Here is the thing that i think might be the reason for this. On my desktop, when i formatted my computer, i noticed there was a folder called windows.old. I then saw then even though i format my desktop, i still had a ton of stuff in this folder which didn't get deleted. Last time i format my desktop, i just let that folder stay. But as time went on, computer lagged so i needed to format.

Could this be the reason why i cannot activate my HEM on my desktop? I entered the serial code correctly as i am looking at it on my HEM on my laptop aka PC number 2. Can someone please help me? I need to get HEM working on my desktop.

Thank you.

Drew1
12-03-2011, 03:16 AM
Also another thing i wanted to add was that when i downloaded HEM on my desktop, i actually did not download it from the site. I copied the download file from my laptop and put it on a usb drive and then plugged that usb on my desktop and downloaded that way. The reason i did this was b/c i cannot find the link to download HEM on my desktop on the HEM website and did not want to download Holdem Manager 2. I had found the link yesterday when i downloaded HEM on my laptop and could not find it now which is why i did this.

Could this be the reason for this?

Drew1
12-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Anyone can help me?

Patvs
12-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Reset your serial:

we have launched a new online form for resetting your own serial codes.

This can be used to clear a code so that it can be used on a different pc or clear a code if your hardware profile changes and it doesn't allow you to continue.

Please go to Hold'em Manager Poker Software - Best Poker Tracking Software (http://www.holdemmanager.com) and signup with a new login name and password or use your existing account. After that, simply navigate to "Upload License Code" and you can quickly add your serial code and reset it whenever you need to.

read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/24/ICan%27tActivate%26RegisterHoldemManager