PDA

View Full Version : pospref.txt keeps getting deleted

spino1i
08-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Everytime I finish a session using HEM I get an "exception thrown in destructor" message if I try to use the HUD again. Furthermore, when I close it down and start it up again, it says it cant read pospref.txt and when I go to the file everything in it has been deleted.

This means I have to keep moving the stats around to where they need to be everytime I start a session, because the file that saves the positions keeps dissapearing. Gets really annoying. Hope you guys can fix it or tell me what i need to do??

I have the most recent beta version.

fozzy71
08-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Everytime I finish a session using HEM I get an "exception thrown in destructor" message if I try to use the HUD again.

Thats a known issue were working on, to avoid it in the meantime dont leave HM running when your finished with it, updating to this version and rebooting http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe should solve the problem and then follow the above advice to limit the problem returning.

Furthermore, when I close it down and start it up again, it says it cant read pospref.txt and when I go to the file everything in it has been deleted.

Set the preferred seating for your poker client, then in Holdem Manager to match. HUD Options > Preferred Seating

Turn on Pre-Fetch. (on by default actually)
HUD Options > Site Options > site name > (Make note of the pre-fetch folder path)

Options > Configure Auto import Folders > Add > C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HEM Data

Close HM and the Table Manager

Delete your existing position files, so HM will rebuild them to default.

\Holdem Manager\Importing\Config\pospref.txt and pospref2.txt need to be deleted.

Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and start stars and open 1 cash table.

After a couple hands it will pre-fetch some observed hands to show the HUD.

Use Ctrl+Right-Click+Drag to move the panels Move the main/first panel for each player first. This is the panel with the Note Icon (astersik). Once the main panel is in the proper position, you can position the sub-panels for each player. Once they are set, go to Table Manager > File > Save Positions.

Close that table, open a new one, and sit to play. If the HUD pops up while waiting for the big blind, do not move any hud panels. Once HM imports your first played hand it will spin the HUD to correct for the auto-center feature.