PDA

View Full Version : Jumping stats

Arizona Willie
08-15-2009, 06:27 PM
In my HUD configuration I tried to put each stat in a separate window so I could arrange them down the sides of each person instead of in lines.

I go into Table Preferences and unlock the desktop and move them around but it is very aggravating. They seem to jump to a grid when I move and release a stat. Can't put it exactly where I want it.

I uncheck WYSIWYG and it makes no difference.

Once I get them where I want them, as close as I can and click to lock the desktop ... the stats jump to strange places where I did not put them. Often they wind up in the lower right corner of the screen.

Sometimes they hide behind each other.

I have tried locking the desktop with WYSIWYG both checked and unchecked and it happens either way.

Is there some way to make them stay where I put them ( each person on the desktop has stats in different places depending on how much free space is around their name plate ). They try to line up all in the same place on each name plate. Sometimes I can get some of them to stay but others wander.

Is there a way to override the grid they try to line up on?

fozzy71
08-15-2009, 08:31 PM
......They seem to jump to a grid when I move and release a stat. .....

Is there a way to override the grid they try to line up on?

See if this works for you.

hud options > tables preferences > grid (%)

Please let me know your results. I have never edited that setting. :p

a.k.a.Also
08-16-2009, 05:26 PM
I had a similar problem, once you uncheck WYSIWYG on a live table it seems to go haywire when the stats redraw at the end of a hand. My bad for being nitty and wanting the stats pixel perfect I guess.

gave up trying to find which stats went where and switched off HUD until a break.

Since discovered if you switch hud layouts and then go back to the one you're tweaking the stats go back where they should be (using the table manager right click dropdown)

Edit Vista 64 and beta 23

fozzy71
08-16-2009, 05:54 PM

Edit Vista 64 and beta 23

Not sure what site you are playing on, but beta 24 is now available, if you have any issues playing on your site currently. If you are in FTP/Stars I definitely recommend you update.

Mike chops
08-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Set the grid setting to zero and the sub-panels should go anywhere you want. If you set it to a number (say 1%) it will only allow placement on a 100x100 grid.

fozzy71
08-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Set the grid setting to zero and the sub-panels should go anywhere you want....

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/Smileys/doh-1.gif

Arizona Willie
08-17-2009, 12:47 PM
I tried the zero setting and it helped but I still had problems. So then I put the cursor in the box and hit the delete key and then there was no setting showing at all and that seemed to be even better.

However, I gave up on my idea of lining up individual stats down the sides of the persons nameplate because of the constant redrawing of the screen and stats getting slammed to the bottom right corner of the screen.

I discovered that if WYSIWYG was on, if I put the cursor over the stat a popup box came up for the stat and contained the name of the person it belonged to. But it just became too frustrating to move several stats in position and then see them moved around again by a screen redraw.

So I finally said the hell with it.

Would it be possible to add a setting to the Table Preferences dialog box where if we held down say ALT & Q the screen would be unlocked as long as we held those keys down and immediately lock when we let them up?

That way we could move one stat and immediately refreeze the screen before a redraw undid what we were working on.

I did, however, find a way to make the stats better for me. On Full Tilt I use a plain background that is sort of a darkish brown and have avatars turned off. So under Appearance I set the default text to orange and it shows up nicely and now the stats don't all run together as badly as they did before. There was no separator between stats and so it was somewhat confusing to my eyes. Having the default text in orange really helped that. And now, I also have the stats set up with color ranges for many of them and have increased the font size on a few of the more critical stats.