PDA

View Full Version : Error reading the confic//HoldemManager.config file?

jdrury12
08-15-2009, 02:59 PM
That's the error I get when trying to open HEM. 'An error occurred while the config//HoldEmManager.config file: Root element is missing.

Holdem Manager will now backup the old config file and create a new one for you

I click OK and get a pop up box saying 'Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.'

I gave it a couple days and it hasn't been fixed, I'm running the 1.09 beta 18a.

netsrak
08-15-2009, 03:39 PM
This can happen if something fails during the installation of an update.

Please delete the config folder and start with a fresh installation of full version 1.08.04. After this is running update to the latest beta and make sure you choose the same installation path during the update as the original installation path of 1.08.04

jdrury12
08-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Can not find the config folder, but I re downloaded and updated to the beta and still get the error message that then gives me this...
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

netsrak
08-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Under Vista make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73
and/or holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory.
Right click the holdemmanager.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

jdrury12
08-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Under Vista make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73
and/or holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory.
Right click the holdemmanager.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

Did this and got the same error message. UAC is off and I turned the firewall off as well.

fozzy71
08-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Have you tried to delete the holdemmanager.config file and restart HM?

\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config

jdrury12
08-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Have you tried to delete the holdemmanager.config file and restart HM?

\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config

Did this and did not get the error message. However, I opened up some tables and have been playing for about twenty minutes and HUD still hasn't picked it up yet. Table Manager said it is picking up the table but is not tracking won/lost or anything.

LostCause
08-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Did this and did not get the error message. However, I opened up some tables and have been playing for about twenty minutes and HUD still hasn't picked it up yet. Table Manager said it is picking up the table but is not tracking won/lost or anything.

You may need to re-configure your Auto Import folders.

Additionally, you may also want to check your Archive Duration.

Options->Miscellaneous Options->Change Archive Duration

fozzy71
08-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Sorry, I should have mentioned that part. :o

Import folder, archive folders, aliases, other less import settings also.

jdrury12
08-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Sorry, I should have mentioned that part. :o

Import folder, archive folders, aliases, other less import settings also.

OK thanks. Had to redo all the HUD stuff but it's working.

fozzy71
08-16-2009, 10:06 PM
OK thanks. Had to redo all the HUD stuff but it's working.

The importing stuff?? or do you mean your HUD Config under Player Preferences? The HoldemManager.config file shouldn't affect that. that is controlled by the prefs.xml, pospref.txt, and pospref2.txt.

Make sure you take the time to export any custom HUD configs you make. Then if your HUD gets damaged somehow, you can delete it and import an old exported copy of it.