PDA

View Full Version : HEM not updating or finding stars hands

Pesci Grandi
08-15-2009, 09:15 AM
I downloaded the new patch from the website (1.09Beta) but when I installed the patch it didn't update my software and its still running 1.08.04.

I'm guessing thats why my stars hands aren't being found/updated on my graph because I don't have the newest version with the patch for the recent stars updates.

Sorry if this is already a thread I looked and couldn't find one similar to my problem.

netsrak
08-15-2009, 10:23 AM
You need to install the update 1.09.24 to your original installation folder.

Pesci Grandi
08-15-2009, 11:41 AM
I tried that and it doesn't seem to recognize it, I have it saved in the original folder.
Tried deleting the patch and redownloading it, as well as extracting to that folder manually and also by opening the HoldemBetaUpdate seperately.

fozzy71
08-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Clear your web cache, and download the beta update again, with another browser if possible. Reboot, and run the installer first thing. Make sure the update is installing to the proper \holdem manager folder

Pesci Grandi
08-15-2009, 12:15 PM
I rebooted and redownloaded after clearing my cookies and browsing history etc, I ran the update again and it goes through all the motions saying HEM has updated and has accepted the patch, however, when I open HEM it's still on 1.08.04 and won't find my stars hands, fulltilt hands work fine.

What do you mean by installer first thing? Maybe I didn't do that properly ?

netsrak
08-15-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm pretty sure you choose the wrong folder.

Go to the properties of your holdemmanager shortcut and note the path.
When you start the update in the 2nd or 3rd window you are asked for the installation path. Make sure you choose the path you noted before.

Pesci Grandi
08-15-2009, 04:21 PM
That seemed to work, thank you very much,
The hands I've played the past 48 hours won't seem to load but I'll fiddle with that myself and hopefully figure it out,
Thanks again!

fozzy71
08-15-2009, 04:24 PM
That seemed to work, thank you very much,
The hands I've played the past 48 hours won't seem to load but I'll fiddle with that myself and hopefully figure it out,
Thanks again!

To get all your missed hands imported, Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.

Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________, and copy the hands (Fodlers of hands) you think it has missed.

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

Pesci Grandi
08-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Got it,
TY again.

Your support team is one of the finest I've worked with.