PDA

View Full Version : Update Reminder?

wild123
08-14-2009, 06:34 PM
hi,

is it possible to get a short email when there is a new update? if no, maybe create a newsletter for it?

like, what do u want to receive:

[X] holdem manager update
[ ] omaha manger update

regards,

wild123

fozzy71
08-14-2009, 07:48 PM
We don't always want everyone running the latest beta version, but sometimes a site update will make it necessary. An auto-update is planned for the future, but it will only notify when a new major version is out. It will not notify when a new beta comes out.

Timtif
08-23-2009, 07:01 AM
We don't always want everyone running the latest beta version, but sometimes a site update will make it necessary. An auto-update is planned for the future, but it will only notify when a new major version is out. It will not notify when a new beta comes out.

this should be optional left to decide by the user if he wants to have that info or not.
use it as a free helping hand to test some updates.
but i dont want to have an email, it should be part of HM to remind me at the start if it should lookout for updates, and if there are some, should i be informed about new major release or even so about some new betas to test.

if i am having probs i will look for updates on my own.
i cant look out every day for some realy sweet new features getting into the next maj. relase in more than a month.
if there are some, i want to use them on my own risk.

:confused:

Timtif
08-23-2009, 07:31 AM
further more i am not able to see wich beta is currently the last, until i read the forum.
the should be part of the mainpage in the downloadsection. at least the date of the last release.

the elephant from PS.DE do so, PT3 do so. its a good thing. :p

Rukol
08-23-2009, 08:01 AM
+1 for previous posts

ImSoCute
08-23-2009, 08:21 AM
+2

netsrak
08-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Please push it in the Uservoice system: http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions

But i think Roy is already aware of it.