PDA

View Full Version : HM installation problem

Bartman
08-14-2009, 01:44 PM
I bought a new pc with vista on it and tried to install HM, but I got some problems.

I followed the instruction for postgressql and installing HM an everything worked fine.

Then I deleted all the unnecessary files from my desktop except the "shortcut to Holdemmanager"

Then I updated 1.09 mega patch because I play on stars and it has some changes for stars software. During the update the first thing went wrong. It said :"The package was unable to replace the following file C:\Programfiles\rvgsoftware\holdemmanager.exe"

When I tried to open HM with the shortcut on my desktop it said it could not find HM.

Also trying to open it from explorer c:rvg/holdemmanager was not working.

So i reinstalled the 1.08.04 version and it again said:"The package was unable to replace the following file C:\Programfiles\rvgsoftware\holdemmanager.exe"
I still cannot open HM from my desktop, but i van open it from c:rvg/holdemanager/holdemmanager.exe.

So bottom line, something is messed up, but got no clue what. I dont have the updated version, and the shortcut on my desktop aint working.

netsrak
08-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Please reboot your computer and install the update again.

The message is just telling you that holdemmanager or parts of it are running. So its not possible to install the update.

Bartman
08-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Please reboot your computer and install the update again.

The message is just telling you that holdemmanager or parts of it are running. So its not possible to install the update.

I always look at the right side of the taskbar whether HM is totally closed, apparently is this not working for Vista. But problem is solved, thx!!

fozzy71
08-14-2009, 03:59 PM
I always look at the right side of the taskbar whether HM is totally closed, apparently is this not working for Vista. But problem is solved, thx!!

Sometimes one of the HM processes can remain lingering in the Task Manager > Processes tab.

You can sort them alphabetically and look for these processes next time it happens:

holdemmanager.exe
hmhud.exe
hmimport.exe
dbcontrolpanel.exe

If you see them, end them.